***

That night, after I helped Shiraishi and her friends, I went straight home afterward. I couldn't stay long because it was late. The next day Shinji and I went to the mall after school.

"Are you sure it's okay if we come?" said Shinji. "It's Class B's party, right?"

"Don't worry about it. After all, Haruno would be happy if you come."

"Well, if that's what you say."

We arrive at the karaoke place and start looking for the room in question. After walking around a bit I finally arrived at a door that was a little farther from another room. Following Shiraishi's directions, I knocked on the door five times. The door opened and a man's face appeared from behind it.

"You... Kurose-san's brother?" asked the man.

"Yes, and you..."

"I'm Masaki Akio from class B. You do look like her...and who is this?" Masaki looked at Shinji.

"Minami Shinji from class C," Shinji answered plainly.

"Ah, this is Minami, nice to meet you. They've also said about you." Masaki then opened the door wide. "Come in, we're almost done so you guys just need to take your positions."

His gaze was too serious. His demeanor made me feel that we were going to a job interview and not a birthday party. At least when we stepped into the room, the atmosphere was much more colorful. This room is way bigger than the one we rented the other day. They have styled it with lots of colorful stickers and hangers on the wall which are hung with the help of adhesive paper. Meanwhile, I saw a stack of gifts in the middle of the room. Many Class B students were seen repairing decorations in several corners of the room and others were decorating cakes or rearranging the food on the table.

"Ah, Yukiharu! Welcome." Shimada called out to greet me. The first time I met him and Isogai is when I first went shopping with Nee-chan and her friends in early April. When Shimada greeted me, I saw Isogai was busy lifting the sofa with several other boys.

"Hey, Yukiharu! Minami-kun!" Itsuka waved to both of us.

"That was Minami-kun?" said a girl who was next to Itsuka.

"Yes, that's the guy." I saw some of the girls around us start to stare at Shinji with curiosity. They started whispering to each other and giggling. Shinji seems to feel uncomfortable because of that.

"Why are they looking at me like that?"

"One day you will know," I answered briefly and Shinji looked even more confused.

"By the way I didn't see Yukie-san," Shinji said while looking around.

"My sister and her friends are currently going with Haruno. They take her for a walk while the others decorate the room."

"Woah, that girl is tall," Shinji said while looking at Nishida Eri who had just stood up after squatting in the corner. Maybe she just finished putting up some decorations or something.

"Her name was Nishida Eri, a member of the volleyball club."

Shinji chuckled in awe. "She's even taller than me. Physically looks great too. She must have practiced a lot."

Shinji with his sporting instincts immediately assessed Nishida. Upon seeing Shinji, Nishida shuddered instead and started to go to the other side of the room. I hope the girl doesn't mistake Shinji's stare for a lecherous one.

"Okay, that's good enough. Now everyone gets into position, they're on their way." Masaki was giving orders and everyone rushed to finish their work and then took their places by crouching behind sofas, chairs, and even big flower vases. Masaki told me to be with Isogai behind the pile of gifts. When Shinji was about to follow me, Masaki stopped him instead and pointed at the middle of the room. "No, your place is here."