Chapter 14: A mother's concern and a draconic dance

Comincia dall'inizio

Kahn/Ruby: You look.. ah sorry... no I'm sorry.

    I look to my left and rub the back of my neck in embarrassment.

Kahn: How about we both say what we think on three ok?

   She gives me a nod.

Kahn: Three.

Ruby: Two.

Kahn: One.

Kahn/Ruby: You look breathtaking/ handsome.

    We both look each other in the eyes after our exchange and we both laugh at our combined awkwardness.

Kahn: Could you close your eyes for me for a minute?

Ruby: Okay?

    Once she closes her eyes I pull out my gift for her which is a silver necklace with a ruby carved to look like a rose with silver inlays detailing the stem, leaves and thorns. I put it around her neck and smile at how it makes her look even more.... I guess the word I want is... beautiful. Yes, it makes her look even more beautiful. It did cost me a small amount of my savings to get made on such short notice, but in the end, seeing her with it on. Completely worth it.

Kahn: You can look now.

    She opens her eyes and grabs the necklace around her neck. Her eyes widen seeing it as she looks at it than me, it than me one more time before hugging me suddenly. I wasn't expecting that, it takes me a moment to snap out of my surprise before hugging her back albeit sort of awkwardly since I'm about two feet taller than her. Once we break the hug she looks up at me with a smile that could stop wars and bring God's to their knees from how amazing it is.

Ruby: Thank you for the necklace and agreeing to go to the dance with me.

   She holds out her arm for me and I loop my arm through it. We begin to head to where the dance is being held.

Kahn: No problem. Besides, if you hadn't asked, I would have spent my time hiding away in a far corner or on a balcony to avoid people.

    She let's out a small giggle making that same ache in my chest act up again.

Another time skip this time brought to you by Kahn and Ruby talking about their interests on the way to the dance

Kahn's pov

    As we approach to enter the dance I hear a whistle and look up to see Yang in a white dress.

Yang: Well look at this my baby sis is finally hear with her date. Don't you two look like the best couple here. I am so going to take as many pictures of you two together. I'll take so many that you'll need a scale to measure the weight of them all.

    I hear Ruby groan at her pun. I hear Ruby complain about where heels and she is confused by how Weiss can fight in them. I nudge Ruby and point towards a punch bowl as we walk past Yang I decide to have the last laugh.

Kahn: You know, for someone who claims to be a bombshell, it's sort of surprising to see that you came by yourself.

    As we head to the punch bowl Ruby looks up at me with a pout on her face.

Kahn: What?

Ruby: That was rude.

    I shrug as we get ourselves some punch to drink. Jaune eventually shoe up and we clink our drinks together about being socially awkward and than goes off to talk to Weiss. Ozpin eventually show up, he and Ruby talks about the pros and cons of dancing I just shrug when my opinion about it is asked as I really don't have any experience with it. We than hear the music slow down as a slow dance in about to start.

    I turn to Ruby and bow down to her holding out my hand.

Kahn: Care to join me for this dance?

    She giggles at the way I say it before putting her hand on mine.

Ruby: I shall humbly accept your offer and join you for this dance.

    As we head to the dance floor I feel my heart racing as I have no idea what I'm doing. I look and see that the expression on Ruby's face seems like she Is just as nervous as I am. Once we are on the dance floor the song start up, and we begin to dance. I can feel several sets of eyes on me and while normally that wouldn't matter to me this was different. I didn't want to make a mistake that would embarrass Ruby. I notice that she is looking around and trying her best to not make a mistake. I can also hear how fast her heart is beating because of how close together we are.

Kahn: Ruby don't focus on everything around us. Just focus on me, take some deep breaths and enjoy.

    She looks up at me and stares into my eyes. Her silver meeting my green. I hear her heart beat settle down making me smile. When she sees that I'm smiling she smiles. Which makes me happy, happier than I could of ever thought I could feel because for right now, here, tonight it is just me and her, in our on little world.

    Before we know it the song comes to an end and change to something more fast paced causing us to quickly get off the dance floor. Out of the corner of my eye I see private tin stick try and fail to convince my mother to dance with him. Today is a great day. We watch a Jaune in a dress does a coordinated dance with his team. At some point me and Ruby head off to a balcony to get some fresh air. I watch as she goes to the railing and rests her arms on it looking off to the sky. I end up doing something that surprised the both of us. I go up and hug her from behind, not tightly just a simple comfortable hug. She leans into me. I would be happy if this moment could last forever but it is sadly interrupted when I see a figure running along the rooftops. Me and Ruby look at each other before deciding to give chase.

    Ruby calls her locker and gets her weapon from it. We head to the tower and see that the guards are out cold. As we go up the elevator I feel like something is wrong as we get closer to the top I can sense a strange energy some how similar to that of magic.... but that can't be right. Can it? I don't have time to think about it as we arrive at the top and the doors open.

    The first thing I notice is that the person or well woman that broke into her has yellow eyes like that of amber similar to Blake's but at the same time different, her hair is black but the most noticeable thing to me is that she smelt of living grimm as if she had one on her and blood, old, dried, blood which is the kind of smell I tend to get from people that have killed others before. But on her it was just as prominent on her as the smell of grimm leading me to believe that she probably had killed many people.

    I begin to growl as I charge right at her. I hear Ruby giving me fire support with crescent rose. I'm surprised that she is managing to dodge both of our attacks so I use my semblance to fire a bolt of lightning behind me propelling straight at and I manage to hit her har in the gut which causes her to stagger. I'm about to hit her with a combo of blows whe the elevator dings momentarily distracting me. I hear glass shatter and I rush to the broken wind and sniff the air only for the smells that she had dissappear suddenly. I look back to see private tin stick and Ruby talking I walk up to them and hear that he wants us to go to Ozpin's office in the morning. As soon as he finishes talking I pick up Ruby, surprising her, head to the broken window and fly out heading towards the first year dorms. I look down at Ruby when she snuggles abit closer to me.

Kahn: Soooo did you also enjoy today.

    She just looks up at me and smiles.

Ruby: Yes. Thank you again.

Kahn: Any time.

    I feel my heart race as I fly us back to her team's dorm. I don't fully understand what this feeling is that I have for her but... I want to keep feeling it, now and forever till the that I die which means one thing. I need to figure out how to turn her into a full-blooded dragon so I don't lose her.