Prisha and Ian reached us then. I felt more than saw Ian move to stand next to me. "You broke your promise," I told him quietly, not looking away from the Judge's group.

"That's a funny way of saying thanks, but you're welcome." I could almost feel his smile and it made me want to roll my eyes, but it was hardly the time.

"She doesn't look so good." I heard Ray whisper to Ian. Ian started to whisper back so I took a step away from the group to refocus on the task at hand.

"Start walking," I ordered Anton. "The rest of you stay here. If we see even an inch of movement while you're still in our sights, we'll open fire. Understood?" No one in the Judge's group answered, but this time I had to demand it. "Am I understood?" I snapped.

I was met with grumbling and while it was hardly the resounding concession I'd hoped for, it had to be enough. We needed to make our escape.

"Don't take your eyes off them," I warned my group as we began to walk. It was unbelievably tempting to run but running would only give the Judge's people a chance to act. Every step we made had to be smart.

I pushed Anton to stand in front of Carlos, letting Neveah keep her gun on the group behind us. Anton shot me a sharp look but I ignored it as I kept pace with him.

"They're going to follow us, aren't they?" My question was rhetorical. I knew that they would. They'd get more people and more weapons and hunt us until we were all dead.

"Yes. They'll come quickly." Anton didn't hesitate to answer.

"Is there anything we can do to get them to stop?" I'd caught the attention of Ray whose head was on a swivel between Anton and me.

"No."

Shit.

"Ray, I need you to take Prisha and find the courthouse." It wasn't so much of a plan that I was making but an act of desperation.

We have to do something.

"A courthouse?" Ray repeated, sounding confused.

Anton slightly quirked his brow at Ray in what I could only interpret as annoyance. "Yes, trust me, you can't miss it. It stands out – just look for the dome roof."

"Alright? And what do you want us to do?" Ray ignored Anton almost purposefully.

I caught Prisha's eye and smiled. "Burn it."

For a second, I could have sworn Anton almost smiled. He covered it by shaking his head. "Won't work."

"He's right," Ray added. "We've used up all the alcohol and gas we could find already."

A shiver ran through me, but I was sweating heavily. I swallowed down my nausea and hugged my arms around myself. "It doesn't matter. We just need to divert their focus long enough for us to regroup and –" I was cut off by a coat being wrapped around my shoulders. Ian had taken his off and had wordlessly draped it over me. "I don't need it," I hissed.

"You can continue your plotting in a second," Ian said with a smirk. "Just put it on. We're about to turn at the next corner and we're going to have to run."

I pursed my lips at him but did what he asked. As if I needed more to burn my already hot skin, I could feel numerous eyes watching us, making me flush with embarrassment. As soon as the coat was zipped up, I caught Prisha by the elbow and repeated my idea to her.

"I just need the two of you to get in and out. Make a small distraction and disappear. Do you think you guys can do that?"

"We'll do it," Prisha said instantly. She shook her gas canister, letting us hear the soft sound of sloshing liquid. "We'll be quick and meet up with you at the edge of town. Ian knows where."