"If I'm still able to feel care, I want to care about you the most."

"I won't watch you fade away."

You start sobbing desperately as you finally understand him.

A hollow opens in your heart, and you feel like you were blind all this time.

He left so many traces but was too hurt to make it clear as his bond grew more powerful and pure.

You force yourself to sit up, your tears soaking the dirt.

The Lunarian scowls, sadness written above her beautiful features.

You are still stuck in the past, his essence numbing your senses as your soul searches for its missing piece.

Your eyes find your palm, and you tremble without an end as a bright, blue fire lights up above your skin.

"This fire can't exist only out of hatred. We have to keep it alive."

"Fire isn't just a force of nature. You have part of us inside you. You must find it, or the flames will hurt you forever."

"You must see how desperately you are longing for these flames."

"Being a Lunarian will never be enough to have them."

"Flames aren't only about harm. They can heal, protect, and keep you alive."

"As long as I have my fire, I'm not alone."

"If you find this fire within yourself, you will never be cold again. And if you understand what it needs to stay alive, maybe you will defeat me for your freedom one day."

You look up as you cry loudly, trying to get rid the suffocating matter in your lungs, reaching for the stranger to show her the wonder that blooms over your hand.

He set me free.

"It's love, isn't it?" you ask with a shaking voice, falling even deeper into the black hole that opened in your chest. "Love keeps Lunarian fire alive."

She nods without a word, her sorrowful smile faints as she sees the scar around your neck.

She leans forward and closes your fingers around the flames.

You look at her confusedly as you barely feel her hand. It's unbelievably cold.

"Lunarians fall in love only once in their lifetime," she answers. "And he had that from his childhood. It awoke the flames that are our greatest wonder. Without them, anyone bearing our blood lives a short and empty life, where they never experience care."

The woman touches your face, and your tears stop.

You suddenly notice how young she is as your mind finally clears.

She sounds wise and special, but she is barely more than a child.

"But you are a Halfblood," she continues a little surprisedly, her long fingers setting your messy braid behind your ear that Alber made you back then. "And for the first time in our history, a Lunarian not only fell in love with one but awaked a second, unique fire for her, which had the chance to heal him from his past."

Her crimson gaze runs over your face.

"But did you love him too?" she asks. You are unable to react.

Her whole presence feels like a phenomenon from another dimension, with such beauty that doesn't belong to this world.

She laughs softly, her eyes gleaming with water.

"Whether you did or not, you never had hope for this fire. So when he found out about his new flames, he gifted them to you. He made sure his Halfblood has a chance for a happy, whole life without losing herself."