Ananya finally looked up. Her ears already seemed to release fire, now Shriya's words felt like burning it.

Ananya started making confusing faces, checking her watch, and tapping her chin as if thinking something.

Ananya's weird behaviour suddenly made Shriya feel awkward. "What?" She asked consciously.

"Nothing, just trying to remember when I asked for your opinion or advice?" Ananya asked standing up from her chair.

Shriya felt embarrassed at her words but controlled herself the next moment.

"Oh please. Arjun has built this company by working hard day and night. I just don't want people like you to drain away his efforts with your stupidity."

"First of all, I don't need you to tell me how much Arjun was dedicated towards his job and company. Second of all, why don't you join his company and show everyone your efficiency
and third of all, you should leave my office." With that, she dragged her by her hand and came out of the room.

"Stay within your limits, Ms Roy. You are misbehaving with my guest." Arjun's deep voice boomed in the corridor attracting both of their attention.

"Leave her hand, Ms Roy." Arjun orders sternly looking into her eyes. Those eyes, once used to crave her like a man searching water in the desert, but now they looked void as if there was a protective spell that won't allow anyone to see within.

While Shriya looked at him with a dreamy eye while her heart filled with pride and affection seeing him being protective of her, Ananya wanted the earth to part and swallow her whole and hide her in the darkness so that Arjun could never see her with such heart-wrenching way.

"Shriya, give us a moment. Maybe you can go and decide the menu." Arjun suggested still looking at Ananya.

"It's ok I shall wait near the lift." Though she didn't want to leave but Arjun's voice seemed can't be disobeyed, so she left.

"Let me remind you once again, Ananya, don't even think about hurting her. I won't warn you again next time. As much as good I can be to the people I love, you have no idea what a pain in the ass I can be to the people trying to harm them. So, don't repeat. Stay away from her. Or the monster might be unleashed." Arjun gritted out the words.

Arjun's words felt like a dagger to her heart. He might have threatened her but rather than getting feared she felt a loss. The Arjun who once vowed to protect her now thought of her as a threat, to his loved ones. She didn't fall on that list anymore.

"What about me?" Before she could control the words were out. She asked as the tears made their way down her cheeks. Her feet took her close to him. Slowly, her hands clutched his shirt. She thought he would resist but he didn't. Her warm hands make his life return to his body. Their heartbeat together, getting mingled with each other. His brain protested to throw away those hands but his heart and body craved her touch, the warmth that comes with it. In the war of heart and brain, he just stood there like a dead man.

"Didn't you say you love me, then why torture me like this? I know I have done a mistake but I do love you now. Please forgive me one last time." Ananya sobbed keeping her head against his chest. Arjun felt like the wall crumbling inside him. He just wanted to damn everything in this world and took her breath away by kissing the daylight out of her. Her tears soaking his shirt, made him want to consume her every tear within the whiteness of his shirt and hid her within his arms from the whole world. But the next moment her cruelty reminded him, how her indurated heart played him for a fool all those times without care.

"And what will I get by forgiving you? Will all my hurts heal?"
Arjun asked stoically. His palms made a fist to stop from touching her, losing his fingers in the wildness of her lustrous hair.