"Ah, Ms Roy, so you do come to the office? Don't worry your salary will reach your account, after all, you are doing us a great favour by gracing us with your precious presence. Well, we shall be grateful if you also bless us by doing some work." Arjun mocked her angrily. Ananya was stunned to see this side of the soft gentle, considerate man who was arranging dates for her.

"Ah, now I have to beg you for speaking also?" His booming voice threw her out of her thoughts.

"Sir, you gave all my works to Diya and others. I ..." Ananya tried to express herself softly but Arjun banged his hand on the table making all of them jump.

Ananya tried to keep her stand in front of him though from inside this suffocating feeling to burst out into tears was threatening.

"Oh yeah, of course, I didn't give you a job, why not. After all, I started charity work to appoint people in my company and give them a salary for no reason because these damned people couldn't do a simple job with their stupid brains. Let's do one thing, none of you has to work, I shall do everything and you people can play excuse-excuse game, who is better at it, ha?"

He shouted at the top of his voice.
All of them lowered their head in fear. It's better to just listen to him than try to talk. It's like there was a raging Bull that had possessed him and come out through his mouth.
"Out, all of you."

At that time there was a knock and the next moment Shriya entered the room.

"What a timing!" Ananya cursed in her head. The three of them turned to leave but again his mad voice stopped them.

"Oh hello, do I need to give another invitation to make these reports and presentation correctly?"

"Sorry sir" Ayesha and Diya ran out with the files and Ananya just looked at him one last time before taking the file from the floor and leaving.

"You sure, you told me about the same guy. You said Arjun sir was so cool. Well, this certainly isn't a sign of being cool, this is like a hot pressure cooker has been opened." Ayesha said in her timid voice as they strolled to their office.

"Honestly, he was always so serious about his works, but when I joined first he was a little short-tempered and had the tendency to give death stares too but was bearable. But recently he was good, I mean not that he wouldn't scold me for making mistakes but was more easy to talk to.  But now he seemed unbearable." Diya started feeling stressed.

Ananya listened to them silently. She needed a moment.
"Umm, guys, let's take some time and read and check everything and then sit together and finish it, ok?" Ananya quickly said and excused herself.

As soon as she entered her office the barrier broke. Today she wasn't just hurt but embarrassed. She always did her job efficiently, and sincerely but his behaviour had been questioning her workability and self-confidence. He was attacking her professionally. Where had she landed herself?

As she looked at the file, they seemed like a poisonous snake. One mistake and Arjun would start firing. Her head started paining from all the shouting.

At that time Shriya was passing, her eyes fell on the stressed Ananya holding her head in his hands, through the half-opened door.

She knocked and entered. Ananya felt like her pain increased seeing the intruder.

"Why don't you guys work carefully when you know your one mistake can cause loss to the company?" She said as she stood while folding her hands and checking her office.

"I thought you might be a little mean-minded and has issues of not knowing how to talk to people but I never thought you are weak in the intelligence department too. You are all barking no biting. Why don't you guys first learn to do your job properly?"