18

Waking up with A'Ying in my arms was always so nice. To think he is always mine and we will always be there for each other, made me feel so happy and blessed to have such a partner. He and I have had our fair share of struggles, and right now, we both had one goal, track down Jin Guangyao and make him pay for hurting not only A'Ying, but taking advantage of my brother and humiliating him. My brother and I are a bit estranged right now but I will not just sit back and let him keep being used and forced upon.

At the moment, A'Ying and I had just woken up and dressed for the day. We had breakfast and met up outside at the training grounds. We saw my brother was actually still here and he had a snowy white owl chilling beside him. I grew curious and decided to check it out. A'Ying left so spend some time with Baoshan to give us some privacy. He thought we needed to talk about some things.

"Ge, who is this?" I asked.

"Baoshan said his name is Ren Guang. He is a ten thousand year old spiritual owl. I gave actually come across this owl a couple times, each time, he has helped me. He even scared of Jin Guangyao when he was...with me," Brother explained.

I could tell he did not want to talk about that, "you do not need to explain anything to me. Not unless you want to. I am glad that Ren Guang has been there for you...more than what I could at least."

"Wangji, you have every right to lash out at me. Some of the things you said to me were true. I failed you as a brother and I want to do what I can to make it right. I want to fix my mistakes. I am sorry, Wangji," he said.

"You are forgiven, and I am sorry for being so angry," I said and looked over at A'Ying, "I guess mourning someone you love so deeply can really make a person feel empty."

"I should not have kept you two apart. I knew that you liked him and I didn't let you go. I guess there was a reason within me that I did not want you to get hurt," Xichen said.

"I think it hurt only because I felt useless and I almost lost Wei Ying forever," I told him.

"He is back now and I will support you both like I should have from the beginning," he said.

I sat beside him, "I really am sorry, Ge. My language and attitude towards you was too much. That day when I saw you with Jin Guangyao was the same day my body was going through changes. My temper was causing my energy to spike. I was trying to help get A'Ying back at the time and in doing so, it helped me achieve immortality. The change was a lot to handle."

"I was genuinely worried about you, I have never seen you like that before," Brother said, "seeing your eyes glow like that."

"My core for very hot and my entire body felt like it was suffocating. I know it is not an excuse for my attitude towards you. The guilt will sit with me for a little while," I explained.

"Wangji, I do not want you to feel guilty. You had every right to be upset with me. I let you down but I want to make a promise to you, that I will not let that happen again. I should have said something to you when Jin Guangyao was not around. I do not know why but I guess I got scared. I was taken advantage of and my honor was taken. I have to live with this for the rest of my life."

"Ge, I know it will be hard but I want to help you through this...I am just not sure if I want to return to the sect...I am honestly enjoying my time here at Baoshan's and being with A'Ying."

"I have to say, this new look of yours is nice," he said, "it's more you. You seem more free. All I want is for you to be happy."

I nodded, "A'Ying and I will do what we can to help you though. With our new abilities we can make things happen."

"What are they exactly?" He asked.

I smirked and told him my abilities as well as A'Yings, "I guess we have similarities with our new abilities but there are some differences. We have yet to really explore them but we will with time...maybe Baoshan can help you."

"I will think about it," he said and then the owl, Ren Guang screeched at him.

"What was that about?" I asked.

He shook his head, "I am not sure."

"Maybe he wants you to be immortal," I told him. It was more of a joke but it seemed to have been correct as the owl bobbed his head up and down, "he agreed."

Brother laughed, "alright, I will speak with Baoshan," he said.

"Good," I said.

"I do have to ask, how are you and Wuxian doing?" He asked.

"We are doing fine," I answered, "he does have some moments of post trauma but I just do what I can for him. He is currently working with Baoshan and learning his resurrection abilities to bring A'Yuan back."

"A'Yuan?" He asked.

"He is a little boy that was related to Wen Qing and Wen Ning. He was maybe three," I answered, "A'Ying is very fond of him and wants the boy to live. A'Ying took his life away after he found A'Yuan's body."

"He is a child? He was one of the Wens he tried to save?" He asked.

I nodded, "I tried to help him when I could but I was eventually kept away from him. He felt I left him...it was the last thing I wanted."

"I am sorry, if I had listened to you..."

"Ge, it is okay now. I have him back and we are married. He is with me now and we are going to be there for one another."

"And I will be better at supporting you both," he said.

I nodded, "thank you, Ge. It is nice to have my brother back."

"Same here," he told me. He then pulled me into a hug. I hugged him back and I felt much better about the two of us. Having been able to sit down and really talk, it should have been done a long time ago.