16⚠️

⚠️Sensitive content in this Chapter. Content may include, coercion and manipulation, discussions of sexual acts and non-consensual sexual behavior, guilt, and depression and other psychological issues. Please read with caution...maybe even have tissues with you.⚠️
.
.
.
__________

~*Lan Xichen's POV*~
Flashback to after Wangji lashed out at Xichen and said insulted Jin Guangyao.

"Er-Ge, are you going to be okay?" Jin Guangyao asked.

I have never seen Wangji like that. He was so angry, his eyes and hands glowed. He looked like he was suffering, physically, not just mentally.

"Er-Ge, why don't I try to ease your mind?" Jin Guangyao asked.

I looked at him, "Perhaps you should leave. I am not in the mood right now."

"You deny me, really?" He asked, "must we do this again?"

I sighed and waved my hand. A privacy ward was placed over Hanshi. I do not know why I was afraid of this man. Yet I have to abide, I can't get myself to say no. It's like if I do, it hurts and I have no desire for him. He is making me like this. He grabbed me and pinned me down to the bed. Next thing I know, he was in. I let it happen, dozens of times.

Our first time I took him but I was drunk. Lans do not do well under alcohol and he knows that and he took advantage of that. He made me take him like he is taking me right now. I turned and looked away from him and kept my eyes on the open window. My eyes landed on a beautiful white owl with golden eyes. I could see in its eyes, there was something about it. Like it was concerned for me.

He took me however long he wanted

He took me however long he wanted. I imagined that I would be with someone loved and me being the one doing the love making. I am being used as some pleasure play for Jin Guangyao. This owl I saw outside was the only thing that kept my mind for racings. I just wanted this to be over.

I closed my eyes and a loud screech came from outside. The owl came bursting through my window and with some sort of force from its wings, it threw Jin Guangyao off me. I sat up and looked at the owl. I held out my arm and it landed on my arm.

"Thank you," I whispered, "must be my guardian."

"That stupid thing!" Jin Guangyao yelled standing up, "where did it come from?"

"Outside, do not harm it. It's forbidden in my sect," I told him.

"But it hurt me!" He argued.

"You seem just fine, but I have things I need to do. Can we continue this later?" I asked.

"Fine, I will see you another time," he said getting dressed and teleported out of the room.

I remember that moment until this day. That owl has been around me quite often too. It seems to want to protect me, but I do not understand why. It's the only thing that gives me purpose these days. That was until I got to see and talk to Wangji again. I was now on Baoshan's Mountain, and sitting within a spring. I can feel the spring cleanse my body and I felt as if I had never been touched like that.

"Hoooh," I heard.

I opened my eyes and saw the owl again, "it's you again."

"I see you met Ren Guang," Baoshan said entering the area, "I just came to check on you. How are you feeling?"

"I am feeling alright...you called it Ren Guang?" I asked.

She nodded, "he is a ten thousand year old white snowy owl. He is a spiritual owl. He seems to know you."

"He...saved me from Jin Guangyao a couple times...especially when Jin Guangyao was being forced upon me," I told her.

"I have had him here for a long time. I was out of the mountain one day, as I go out and look after a small village where there is an orphanage I spend time in. I was spending my day with the children when I saw this owl fall from the sky. He glowed a gold color, and he had a symbol of the sun on his forehead at the time. I can communicate with him. He used to be a divine creature, but he landed into some trouble and fell from the clouds. They call it a fallen angel or fallen divine creature. Being only ten thousand years old, he does not have a human body yet. He did back in his old home but he was cast out. He never explained why," Baoshan explained.

"So he is stuck here?" I asked.

"He chooses to stay. He does not wish to return home. He has no desire for his family as they hurt him. I do not know the story but I told him he could stay as long as he wanted. Now he seems to have an attachment to you," Baoshan said, "maybe he can remain by your side. He might be of some good for you."

"That is up to him, I am okay with it though...Ren Guang, it's a nice name," I said.

"Since he did not have a human form yet, he was never given a name. I gave it to him. Ren means humanity while Guang means light and glorious. Since he was supposed to be the next god of light, that was what I named him. He was going to be given the honor when he gained his human form."

"When will he gain that form?" I asked.

"Anytime now. I have had him for a few decades but I guess he is supposed to have his human form within the ten thousand year range but he hasn't gained his yet. He might be a late bloomer," Baoshan explained, "...Well, your time in the spring should be just about done. Give it another hour."

"Alright," I said and watched her leave. I then looked at Ren Guang, "if you ever wish to tell me your secrets, maybe I will in exchange. You already know that I was taken advantage of. Thank you for being there."

He screeched at me as if he was welcoming me. I smiled at him. Ren Guang soon moved to chill beside me at the edge of the spring.

////////////
Ren Guang will be of importance later on. I thought I'd share a little bit of him now for you. ❤️