Chapter 16 | Xyrus's Prelude (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

Her words seemed to confuse my sister, but Athena complied non the less as she placed her palm on a slightly opaque glass ball.

"Hm?"

After making contact with her hand, the ball began to glow with a bright multicolored light that lasted for almost ten seconds before dimming and displaying some text in a language I could recognize.

"Oh!? Silver core, quadra-elemental with triple deviancy!"

Because of the sheer volume of her voice, hundreds of gazes of different people in the hall shot in her direction before landing on my sister as she watched the receptionist with an annoyed expression.

"Ahem... sorry."

Despite the receptionist's apology, I could already hear the whispers of the surrounding students as they looked at my sister with a mixture of jealousy, awe, and fear.

"Sorry about that Miss. Leywin, this is the first time I'm seeing a Quadra-elemental, much less one with three deviancies."

Athena just gave the receptionist a dismissive wave as she said something about being exposed sooner or later, and asked her to go on with her explanation.

"Well as I was saying, every student's ID will not only be used for identity verification but will also be used to display a student's rank and abilities-"

My sister cut her off.

"Do I have to get a new ID every time my rank changes? And how do you measure one's non-mana related skills, such as swordsmanship?"

The receptionist laughed.

"I was getting there~ The student ID's will automatically update your ranking every time there is a change, although you will have to get a new one if you ever break into a new stage."

She paused before continuing.

"As for all non-mana related variables... you'll have to go out of your way to challenge someone who's above you if you think you can beat them, although you can only challenge someone if they're within one rank of yourself. Do you have any questions?"

As she finished her explanation, a machine on her desk let out a ringing sound and spit out a card that looked similar to an adventurer's ID.

"Oh, it seems you overtook the student council president for rank 1~ it'll be interesting to see if you can hold that position as more of the Myths arrive."

After checking the ranking displayed on the card, she passed it to my sister who pocketed it with an exasperated expression before quickly running away. And as my sister fled away from the overly energetic receptionist, I let out an annoyed sigh as I mentally steeled myself to deal with her.

"Oh? Aren't you a charming young gentleman~ Are you perhaps Miss. Leywin's boyfriend?"

As her absurd question registered in my head, I felt Sylvie break down in internal laughter as she accidently rolled off my head in amusement.

"No... I'm her older brother."

The receptionist looked at me with visible surprise and uncertainty before asking.

"Are you sure~ I didn't know that Miss. Leywin had an older brother, much less one her own age! What's your name?"

I glared at her.

"Arthur Leywin."

And hearing my slightly fed up reply she just chuckled.

"A snappy one aren't you~ although incessual relationships are frowned upon, I'm rooting for you! Love is Love~"