𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 𝚝𝚠𝚘 🥀

Start from the beginning

"You knew what you were doing that night. You knew you weren't going to be there for me to wake up next to and you knew that would hurt me, but somehow that didn't stop you." I told him. 

"Lia, to me, what we had seemed so perfect..but the second my presence in your life put you and your mother at risk I left. Everything I did- was for you."

"What we had was no where near perfect, Jungkook. It was forbidden." I responded. "And the last thing I need is for people to think of me as a whore who slept with the next CEO for personal advantages."

"Lia, I will not have an impact on your reputation or job-" he began but I interrupted, "Did you know I was working here?" I asked him, to which he gave me nothing but silence.

"Unbelievable!" I gasped.

He sighed, "Fuck, yes, I knew, of course I did but-" before he could even finish I stood from the sofa and began walking towards the door, "Lia, wait." He said, and gripped my elbow before I could walk any further, "You do not walk out on me when all I've done is try to be better for you." His eyes darkened and his face became cold.

"You don't dictate what I do." I said, and he tugged me away from the door.

I struggled under his grip but his one hand had locked both my wrists behind my back whilst his other fingers slid up my throat, holding me. "You may be a grown woman now, but to me, you're still that little girl who needed me." He muttered, his lips hovering dangerously close over mine. I gulped.

"You're wrong. You lost her many years ago. You've done nothing but put yourself in a position in which you could loose me and now that you have.. it is like you're in denial." I scoffed. "How could you be so selfish?" I asked him. "How could you love me so blindly but also manage to destroy every last bit of what we had. That is if we ever had something."

His eyes bore into mine and he did not utter another word. It was difficult to read what he was feeling at that very moment. I was too overwhelmed by my own feelings.

"May I leave?" I said, quietly, averting my gaze.

He released me and I let out a breath I never realised I was holding.

___________

"How was he?" Mark asked, meeting me at the elevator. I turned to him, "Excuse me?"

He frowned slightly, "Oh, um, he was- - great. He just asked me a few questions." I answered. Mark nodded, and I looked up to see Mr Shim standing in the elevator as the doors opened. "Ares." I smiled, "-Mr shim." I corrected myself, glancing at Mark.

"Shim." Mark greeted him as we stepped inside.

The doors closed and Ares faced me, "Is everything alright?" He asked. Mark was now busy on a call to pay us attention.

I smiled and nodded, "Just fine." I replied. Must've been my red eyes and slightly smudged makeup that made him worry.

"Hm, well, any advice- I'm speaking with the Mr Jeon himself in about an hour." He told me and I fiddled with my fingers. "You are?" I said, glancing down at my shoes. "About what?"

"Most likely the board since I am the organiser." He answered.

"Right." I mumbled.

"Are we still on for this Friday?" He questions, and I look at him, "Of course, why wouldn't we be?" I said, to which he shrugged his shoulder, "I just don't want you to feel obliged to say yes to me."

"I like you, Ares."

His pale cheeks turned a shade of pink and he averted his gaze which only made me smile more. "I'll see you then." I said, leaving the elevator.

_________

"Mama!" I recognised my angel's voice as she ran to me from her teacher. "Baby!" I smiled, lifting her from under her arms. "You picked me up today!" She beamed with joy. I kissed her cheek and pulled out the mini chocolate bar from my coat pocket. "I left work early just for you." I told her.

She took the chocolate and began unwrapping it, "How was school with Lienna?" I asked. "Hm, good." She mumbled, sucking the chocolate off her fingers. "Mama, can Lienna come to my home?"

I nodded, "Of course, she can."

"Lienna was telling me about her dad." She continued, "Hm, oh really?" I said, adjusting her on my hip as I began walking, "where's our dad, mama?"she asked, and I looked at her. "We've spoken about this remember, baby?" I reminded her.

"It may not be fair, but some children only have one parent." I told her, "Lienna only has one too- like me!" She smiled. "Yes, like you, my chocolate monster. Look at your dirty mouth!" I gasped. She fake pouted and my lips frowned, "Mama will still kiss it." I sang, and she tried to push me away, "Eww, stop!" She giggled.

I just wanted to be enough for her. Her happiness is all I want.