Chapter 26

Diluc POV

"I'm glad the meeting with the merchants was productive. If all goes well, Dawn Winery-" 

"I get it. You don't have to explain it to me. But do you know what's interesting?" 

"..." 

"I think Y/N's seeing someone." 

"So?" 

"I expected more of a reaction?"

"It's none of my business who she sees, who she lives with, how she's doing..." My voice trailed off and Kaeya smirked. 

"Really?"

"I came here to see that she was alive. That's enough for me." 

"Didn't you want to see her at least once?" 

"I have no business with her." 

"So you do..." 

"What can I do about it?" 

"I know where she lives." 

"So?" 

"Just visit her. At least talk to her. She can't run away." 

"She'll probably blow up the house to get away from me Kaeya. She hates me. And that's understandable." 

"That was four years ago Luc. She's probably forgiven you by now." 

"Don't call me that." 

"I called you that multiple times already. It's just that you were too out of it to realize. Once when she fakes her death... once when I came to drag you to Sumeru..."

"I get it." 

"I'll give you the address just in case you need it. Just don't mention that I gave it to you." 

"I need to arrange the last details of the deal. I have too much work to do that."

"You can stay here for three days longer at most so make use of that time. I'll get going now. I have things to do as well." 

 "Hm." 

What does he have to do?

Wait...

Is he going to see Y/N?

This is giving me a headache.

Setting down the papers, I decided to go on a walk to clear my mind. 

Ignoring the paper with her address, I walked out the door. 

I don't know what to do.

"Seeing me will probably put too much emotional strain on her... but... I do want to see her again. Just see that she's alright and hear it from her." 

Eventually, I ended up at the Sanctuary of Surasthana.

Maybe I should ask Nahida.

I walked inside. 

I have to thank her for her advice on the business deal anyways.

"Oh? I wasn't expecting you." The Archon walked over. 

"Hello. I wanted to thank you for-" 

"You wanted to ask me about Y/N while you're at it correct?" 

"Yes." 

"She won't object if she was the one to choose a time and place. But she has to be forced into choosing a time and place." 

"What do you mean?"