Chapter 23

Scara POV

Nahida looked up as I stormed in. 

"Scaramouche?" 

"Why did you do that? Did you not see how traumatized she was?! And you talking to her after certainly didn't help!"

"I-" 

"She's not fuc#ing recovered yet! Did you want to open up a wound before it even healed? You're supposed to be the god of wisdom! Yet you aren't even wise enough to-" 

"I'm sorry." She's not even that apologetic. She honestly thinks it was for the best. 

"Forget it. I'm not the one you need to apologize to. I'm blaming you and your sh##ty behavior if she turns out like me." I walked out and slammed the door behind me. 

I should get back to Y/N.

She was clearly upset earlier. 

I don't want her to do anything drastic. 

Ugh. 

It's them.

The redhead and the blue-haired guy were standing in the middle of the road, arguing. 

Ignoring them, I walked right past them, but one of them called out to me. 

"Hey, aren't you Y/N's friend?" (Kaeya) 

"It's none of your business." (Scara) 

"We're her friends." (Kaeya) 

"Really? It didn't seem like that to me. Didn't seem like she needed you two micromanaging who she knows and what she's doing." (Scara) 

"We've probably known her for longer than you have." (Kaeya) 

"But do you know the current Y/N?" (Scara) 

"How close are you to her?" (Diluc) 

"I live with her." Refusing to elaborate and completely aware that saying that with no context sounds a bit odd, I flew off. 

The Khaenri'an seemed crafty. 

He's probably having the house watched... if he knows where we live which is very likely. 

Oh, who cares?

I landed in front of the door and walked in to find Y/N sobbing on the couch. 

"Y/N?" She looked up, startled at my voice. 

"Oh... Scara... You're back... Give me a moment." She rushed to the bathroom and I heard the sink turn on. 

She's not fine.

A while later, she came out and sighed. 

"Sorry about that." 

"There's nothing to be sorry for. It must have surprised you a lot." 

"Yeah..." 

"And that's why I yelled at Nahida." 

"Oka- Wait what?!" 

"What?" 

"You yelled at an archon?!" 

"Yeah, and what pi##es me off even more is that she didn't even try to seem apologetic." 

"Why? Why would you do that for me?" 

"Well, you always looked out for me." 

"No. It was the three of you who looked out for me. When I had a hard day. Or my scar was burning up. Or I was feeling hopeless and lost. It was always Childe, Rosalyne, and you who were there for me." 

"True. But you were happy. And I think that wanting you to be happy changed us." 

"But why in the first place? You comforted me and helped me through everything after I became a Harbinger." 

"The Tsaritsa obviously disliked you. We served the Tsaritsa. But that doesn't mean we thought she was amazing. I think helping you was the small rebellion we held against her." 

"Oh." 

"I also ran into those guys earlier." 

"Who? Diluc and Kaeya?" 

"The redhead and the Khanri'an." 

"What happened?" 

"Oh, they got all defensive. Saying that they were your friend for longer. Really pathetic." 

"Oh? I-" 

"Then I told them I live with you." Her eyes widened. 

"Scara! You what?!"

"Told then you live with me." 

"Why?!" 

"Why are you freaking out?" 

"Why did you tell-" 

"Oh, I see. You're not upset that I told them. You're upset that he might get the wrong idea." She flushed.

"No! No that's not it!" 

"Really? Then what is it?"

"It's just.. It's..." I cracked up. 

"You're struggling to find an answer. Hahahaha!" 

"Hey!" 

"Let's have a few drinks. I feel like that's what you need right now." 

"Fine." 

A few drinks later...

She was drunk. 

Very drunk. 

"Heeey Scara~" 

"What?" 

"I think I should tell you~~."

"Tell me what?"

"What happened to me." 

"Hmm." 

"My parents died when I was young so I was raised with Diluc and Kaeya. We were really close. We were all going to join the Knights together. Diluc and Kaeya got in but I couldn't. I failed each and every time. I was upset, but I supported them. Then there was an incident. Diluc's emotions were unstable, but not that much. But when I defended Kaeya, not even knowing what was going on, he couldn't take it and..." 

She had started crying. 

"It was too much and he did this to me. After that, I joined the fatui. But I love him Scara. I love him so much it hurts." 

"You won't remember this right Y/N? You never remember what you do when you're drunk." 

"Mhm..."

"I never had a chance did I? You were the light in my useless life. But you have to chase after the one you love so you can continue shining brightly." 

"Huh?" 

"Keep loving him Y/N. Make sure that light doesn't go out. I'll always be here for you." When I looked at her again, she was asleep on the couch. 

"I really hope there's a reason you like him. If he breaks your heart... If he causes what makes you so radiant to disappear... I'll never forgive him."

A/N: don't kill me plz ahahahaha... maybe a little self indulgment there... who knows?