Chapter 11

"You again?" 

"Yup! Three non-alcoholic drinks. And give me a discount. We're old friends aren't we?"

"Y/N was my friend. Not Helia."

"Shame." You sat down on the counter and Aether sat next to you. 

"Helia? You're not drinking?" 

"I don't want to get drunk right now." 

"Why?" 

"I need to keep my head. There are many people who want to end me right now."

"Hm." 

"Don't worry, we'll have a source of entertainment soon. In three, two, one." 

As you said one, you picked up your drink as Kaeya walked into the tavern. 

"Ah. Harbinger Helia." 

"Captain Kaeya." 

You grinned at Aether. 

"Here's our entertainment. Seeing these two fight~" You hissed at him. 

"Are you serious?" He whispered back. 

"Yup :)" 

You turned your attention back to the other two... who were squabbling already. 

As you watched the argument, you noticed Aether getting more and more uncomfortable. 

"Why so uncomfortable? Not used to seeing them fight?"

"No, it's just... It was never this intense." 

When you studied them again, the insults were getting more personal, and movements more tense. 

"You're right." 

"Should I stop them?" 

"You can't. I might be able to but..." 

"Then do it!" 

"Oh fine. You owe me." 

Standing up, you walked towards the pair. 

"Hey, you two! Stop fighting already! Or do you want me to tell everyone, and I mean everyone the memories we made together?" 

The two shut up immediately and you walked back to Aether. 

"How'd you do that?" 

"I know things." 

"Why?" 

"Oh. I don't want to see two people who were so close in the past... argue like that." 

The two of you lapsed into silence, enjoying your drinks and lost in your thoughts. 

When you finished, you stood up. 

"I'm going to go get going now. If you want to keep following me, meet me at the gates of Monstadt by 5." 

Giving Diluc some Mora, you left. 

You immediately headed to your room and lay down. 

Ugh. 

That awoke some memories I didn't want to see again. 

You drifted off to sleep for a few hours and awoke at four. Getting ready, you packed your things that you assumed you would need. 

At 5:45, you headed down to the gates. 

When Aether arrived, you beconed him over. 

"Let's go."