Chapter 20

"So you are alive." 

"And you knew." You sighed. "And you're from Khaenri'ah? That was the secret? Then why did Diluc overreact like that?" 

"I didn't tell Aether this." 

"What?" 

"I told him indirectly I guess." 

"What do you mean?" 

"I told him that I used to believe that I had inherited some sort of duty from my father. I didn't tell him that I once believed that I was a spy for Khaenri'ah. And that I would take it's side if it ever attacked Monstadt." 

"Kaeya... Is that what you told him?" 

"It is." 

"You're so stupid! Why did you have to tell him then? He was already emotionally unstable!" 

"I know. But we have to learn to live with it right? I've lived with Diluc's hatred of me for four years now. I can survive." 

"I still don't understand why I took your side that day. Maybe I should have remained neutral. But then maybe, you would have died that day. And Diluc would have lived with that guilt. I don't know. But we're here now I guess." 

"What's your point?" 

"Will you tell him?" 

"What?" 

"Stop it. I'm not in the mood right now. Will you tell him that I'm alive?" 

"He's not doing well Y/N. He believes you died."

"Please don't tell him. Well, at least I can tell myself that I asked you not to." 

"I can't make any promises. He... He's not sleeping. Barely eating." 

"But you can't show your concern." 

"Exactly." 

"Just don't. Don't tell him." You knew your eyes told him otherwise. But this was the only thing you could think of doing. 

"Goodbye for now Y/N." 

"Kaeya. Please." He turned and left.

He's really going to tell him.

You enshrouded yourself in fire to teleport. When it cleared, you were in your house. 

"What the fu##? Are you trying to burn the house down!?" 

"It was teleportation." 

"A fire in the middle of the living room? You call that teleportation?" 

"I teleported from Port Ormos to here. I guess I have much better control of it than I thought. It's a relief that I didn't teleport into the middle of the city." 

"Are you even listening to me?" 

"Mhm." 

"You aren't." 

"So, he's coming here?" 

"Who?" 

"I can't!" 

"Heli- Y/N! What's wrong with you?" 

"Kill me. Just kill me please!" 

You were shuddering as everything that had transpired finally caught up to you. 

"Why? Why did I do that?! Please! Just end it for me Scara!" 

"Y/N. It's alright." He led you to the couch, concern lining his eyes. 

"Just end it." You were sobbing uncontrollably now. "Please." 

"Calm down! Da## it!" 

That brought you back to your senses.

"I'm fine. I'm fine." 

"Y/N." 

"It's alright. Just a small breakdown. And I won't die if no one chooses to kill me. Because I can't end it myself."

"What happened?" 

"He's coming. He knows I'm alive. He's going to come find me!" 

"Wait... The guy thought you died!?"

"Yeah." Suddenly, you started laughing. "It must sound so weird to you because you don't know the full story." 

"It does." 

"I'm fine now. Thanks, Scara." 

"Are you sure? Alright then. You scared me. First a fire in the house then that sudden breakdown?" He chuckled "Things are certainly interesting with you around." 

You laughed as well. 

"Sorry about that." 

Scara suddenly stiffened and then sighed. 

"Nahida wants to see you." 

"It's evening now though." 

"It'll only take a moment. Will you teleport or..." 

"I don't want to risk using my delusion too much. I can just walk." 

"I'll fly you." 

"Oh, thanks... WAIT WHAT??!! YOU CAN FLY?!!?" 

He winced at your sudden exclamation. 

"Yeah. I can fly. New anemo vision remember?" 

"Oh. Anemo." You considered that for a moment. "It suits you." 

"Huh?" 

"Oh, it's nothing. Just a small philosophy of mine. If you can fly me, then I'll accept."

A while later, you were standing in front of Nahida.

"Thank you, Wanderer." 

"You know I have no choice." 

"Can you  give us some privacy please?" 

He scoffed and left. 

"How have you been Y/N?" 

"You're the god of wisdom. Can't you tell?" 

"Do you know why I called you here?" 

"If you're asking me to work for you, then I refuse. I'm not your servant. I'll never serve another god. Not when I know that they don't care for me." 

"I want to help you." 

"Help me? Oh. Help me in ways that hurt me?" 

"It was a request from Aether." 

"Tell him that I'm fine then. I can't die. Not unless someone does it for me." 

"What's your reason to live?" 

"It used to be my parents. Then two brothers who were my friends. Then the fatui. And now, it's by some stupid hope I wish would go away." 

"Why?" 

"My parents because they're my parents. Those two brothers because I truly cared for them. And the fatui because I wanted to prove myself. Prove that... I was worthy of being able to fight. And now... the flickering hope that he'll find me again is helping me." 

"Who?" 

"You should know. Is that all?" 

"You can leave."

"Fine then." 

A/N: Three chapters in a day somehow...