Chapter 6 - Time With You

Start from the beginning

"You're still chewing your first bite Mon. Come on, spit it out! You'll probably die for the second time because of it."

Can't chew anymore, Mon spits her pancakes also. Feeling guilty, she locked eyes with Sam apologetically who's watching her with a stern look. Sam burst into laughter and eventually Mon follows.

"Hahahahhaha I'm so sorry I almost kill you with pancakes!" Sam keeps on laughing holding her stomach.

Mon never thought Sam could laugh this hard. She can see that her sorrow was lifted even just a bit.

"Why did you lie though?", Sam added.

"You're not mad? I was trying not to hurt your feelings! You put so much effort on it."

"Not at all. I warned you, it's been a while since I cook. Thank you for making me laugh. I haven't laugh this hard since..", Sam stops her sentence.

"I know. It's okay Sam. I'm glad that I made you laugh. I'm starving. I'll make you breakfast."

"What are you making?"

"Cereals.", Mon winked at Sam and she poured the cereals and some milk into two bowls.

______________________________________

Mon was spending a lot of time at home that day. So Sam was curious.

"Aren't you going to work today?"

"I took the day off. Doesn't feel like going anyway."

"Why?"

"Because.. I already have a plan for today."

Mon left a mischievous smile to Sam.

"I have something for you. Come here." Mon asked Sam to follow her.

Sam can't help but wonder. She follows the mortal upstairs and into the bedroom.

"Here, it's for you. Open it." Mon said excitedly holding out a few paper bags to Sam.

Sam rummaged through what's inside the bags. It was a few branded dresses and some new clothes for Sam.

"I don't know what you like so I got you a few to choose from. But it's all yours. I figured your size was quite similar to mine so I hope it fits."

"Mon.. These are so beautiful. And too expensive. I don't even need all this, you really don't need to spend your money on me. Oh god, please tell me you're rich. You're rich right?? I don't want you to spend your life saving or anything."

"Sam, I bought you clothes not a house. It's not that expensive. You do know I bought this mansion right? And I drove a Porsche."

"R-right. Thank you."

"You are very most welcome. Try it on! Please.. I know you'll look good on them.

"H-here??"

"No, in the kitchen. Of course here!"

"Okay, okay! Let me change in the bathroom."

"Just do it here Sam, I'll turn the other way around. It's gonna took much time in the bathroom."

"Fine.. Turn around please. And don't peek!"

"I won't!"

Sam started to strip when Mon closed her eyes and turns around.

"Are you done??", Mon asked.

"What do you mean done?! It's not even a minute!", Sam hurriedly put on the new dress afraid of Mon turning around while she's naked.