Chapter 10- I'm Fine

Elsa's P.O.V

All the stuff came were dropped earlier today. There was the crib, the swing, playpen, the changing table with a few drawers to put in the diapers and all the rest, a highchair, and free bath products as gift from the store for buying over a thousand dollars from their store.

The sounds of footsteps can be heard through the hallway and it's not long before my door opens with Rapunzel carrying Aidan.
I quickly get off the bed and open my arms to gather him. He stretches his own arms and I gladly take him.

"My dad said he behaved good when he was watching him. He also said he'll help assemble all the baby stuff tomorrow. Maybe the crib today so Aidan has his own bed to sleep on."

"Oh. Um, that's really nice, I'll thank him later."

I kind of don't want Aidan to sleep anywhere else. He's been with me since day one, not a night was he not with me. It might be selfish of me, he's literally in the same room and frankly he needs a space where I don't worry about him falling over. Not that I ever let that happen.

Not me at least.

I feel like he's growing too fast and soon he's not going to need me anymore.

"No problem." Rapunzel responses and brings me out of my thoughts. "I'll be downstairs if you need anything." And she heads out the door.

I look down at Aidan who's playing with ends of my hair. Carefully I lay him down on the bed as she brings one of his feet into his mouth.

"Nasty boy."

I look around the room in hoping to find a camera. It just came to me, Aidan has no pictures.

Except one. I'll find it later.

After a few minutes of searching, I found an instant camera. Yes!

Making sure that the angle is perfect, I take a picture. I wait for a few seconds till the picture comes out and it takes a little more for it to clear up.

And it came out perfect.

"Now one of you and I." I pick him up and try my best to maintain him sitting up with one arm over him, I sit upright on the bed with the camera in my other hand.

"Ready?" I look down at him with a smile and find him smiling back when I begin to tickle him. I giggle as I press the button and at the same time Aidan shouts a happy squeal.

Eagerly I wait for the photo to clear and once it's done I look at it. And the moment I do I smile.

We're both smiling; well I am. Aidan on the other, gives the camera a toothless grin.

We look almost normal, just the minor injuries but that's all. We look almost.....happy.

You could look at this photo and think nothing but a normal mom and her baby boy.
Smiling. No. That's not how it is. Not one bit.
We're far from normal. We're broken. We may smile and pretend everything is fine. But nothing is ever going to be fine. Everything is gone. We're frozen.

At least I am.

My eyes wonder to the application paper on the desk. With Aidan in my arms, I walk to the desk and sit down. I reach for the carrier and place it on the table where I tuck him in.
I grab a pen and start to fill everything out.

It's time to take one of the many steps to start out future.

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••