Chapter 36- Let it Go

Things have never been better for the everyone. As time passed, things have died down. Elsa is doing so much better. She is much more healthier physically, mentally, and emotionally. 

She still haves nightmares from her past, but she doesn't keep this to herself. 

Her parents and therapist have helped her through a lot, helped overcome her fears. Because of their support she's able to do things she wasn't able to do before. Elsa's much more open about her feelings, she likes to talk more, and she doesn't flinch anymore when someone gets too close.

Things are going well for them.

***

I'm on my way to pick up Aidan from Jack's place since I had an errand to do. A while ago, Jack managed to find an apartment a few minutes from me making it easier on my behalf. 

When I reach the building I park the car and head out and take the elevator to the third floor.

When I reach his floor I look for his room number and knock until he answers the door with Aidan in his hold. I smile at him and he gestures me to come in. I step in and take a look around the apartment. It's not bad. It's small, not too big but not too small. It's cozy.  Him and Hiccup happen to be roommates. Jack's the only one here since Hiccup works after his class, while Jack doesn't have class till later and doesn't work today. The small living room has been taken over by most of Aidan's things. 

Jack sets him down in his crib and turns to look at me.

"You want something to drink?" He asks nodding at the kitchen door.

I shake my head and ask, "Can I use your bathroom?"

He nods at the small hallway and says the bathroom is at the end.

***

As I wash my hands I look at myself in the mirror when deciding if I look decent enough. Today I decided on a pair of dark blue jeans and a peach-colored shirt. I even put my hair in a braid instead of it's usual bun that I always had it in.

As I walk out I notice a room that must be a bedroom that's open. I lightly push it and it opens all the way. I step inside and when I see some baby stuff I realize that this is Jack's room. It's pretty average. A bed in the middle of the room with a nightstand next to it. A closet on one side and a wooden desk on the other side of the bed. There's even a nice view through his one window. Right now it's giving me a nice sight of the late afternoon sky.

I walk to the window and look out at the view. I look at the people walking and the many cars passing by the busy street. 

I suddenly felt someone in the room with me. My heart sped up and I twirled around so fast I painfully bumped my foot on the desk and bend down to grab my foot.

Jack comes to my side and helps me stand up. "Sorry, I didn't mean to scare you." He sits me on his bed while I massage my foot over my shoe.

"It's okay," I tell him while trying to calm down.

I've been trying not to get as scared as much as I used to in the past. But when Jack was in the room it was almost close to when my father would sneak into my room late at night to come get for me. After a while of him doing that I always knew whenever someone was in the same room with me without me looking at them or hearing anything. It's like a second sense. Intuition.