Chapter 1- We Found Her!

*Over a Year Later*

It's been a while since the kidnapping of Elsa Arrenson. From that dreadful day to one year later, there have been no news of any trails leading to where she might be.

Only today, is the exception.

Hundreds of miles away, by the outskirts of a town beyond the woods, there lies a set of abandoned train tracks. The search team didn't give it much thought, but the hounds at the end of their leash beg to differ. 

Already nightfall, they realize it's beginning to rain, so as they turn around to head back to town they stop, one of the dogs gets loose and runs off.

The bloodhound. It found something. It sniffs the air then back on the ground. The hound continues to sniff around until he unleashes a wailing howl. And within a few seconds, he runs with the scent already set in his nose.

The rest of the police units chase the dog until the hound stops to point with his nose at what seems to be a dead end. The officer in charge steps carefully around the dog and hesitantly steps to a wall covered in ivy––in what's appears to be a wall of ivy.

But as the officer touches the 'wall' the 'ivy' turns out to be thick strings of vine. Astonished by the discovery, everyone pulls their guns out of their holsters, ready at the new discovery and what awaits them.

The rain only comes down harder, it's basically almost pitch dark and everyone rushes behind the vines where they come to find a cave that stretches into darkness.

Lighting strikes the shadowed sky and not wasting time they rush down to what seemed like an hour of walking.

And that's when they see it.

They found it.

After coming out of the cave, it opens to an open outcrop and in the center is a large structure  surrounded by high walls of stone. The perfect hiding spot.

As the officers inch their way closer and hide behind shrubs and thickets they can see inside the vast interior.

 This was the house in which they supposedly force young women into prostitution and have them locked up.

This is where she has to be, the chief thought.

And inside, men appear laughing, not seeming to have any idea for what is about to take place.

This may not be the house that they're looking for but the suspicious location they're required to find out what's going on.

***

After making sure everything is clear and the officers have their weapons drawn, they sneak up the large home and kick the door open and points their guns down at everybody.

"Everyone on the floor now!" An officer yells as people began to run and take cover.

That's when the first shot was fired.

"All officers down!" He yells as he ran behind the nearest wall and began firing shots.

As people were being shot at, he looks down at a heavy metal door. A tremor passes down his spine as he glances at the door.

That's the door, he thought. And when no one was firing in that direction he takes his chance and rushes towards the door leading to a lower level.

And it was nothing like he thought it was. It took at least a whole minute to rush down the stairs and reach the bottom. Others accompanied him too and they checked the dark room to find another door except this time with a heavy lock.