You reach behind you and swing your backpack to your front, opening it up.

"But it's still too dangerous to use it yet."

You dig through your bag, searching for everything inside that you can use to help yourself. You manage to find an old, black eye mask. A piece of fabric with eyeholes that you could definitely wear to hide your identity.

Since you left without warning, and won't be returning to U-A, you can expect that people are going to start searching for you soon.

But, if you want your friends to remain safe, you can't let them catch you. 

You place the eye mask over your face and tie behind, pulling your black hood on after that.

You bring your knees to your chest, and sigh.

Maybe the league just believes that you're supposed to be a villain, despite the path you chose.

You clench your eyes closed at the thought.

No.

You're going to prove them wrong, even if it kills you.

———————

"I GOT A TEXT! GUYS! GUYS!"

The entire 1-A class had gathered together on the bottom floor of the dorms, in the communal room. Everyone had been deeply disturbed, and nervous, biting their nails and pacing around.

But after Ochaco stood up and held out her phone, the attention of the students ticked onto her.

"SO DID I!" Mina jumped up.

"It says: 'Hey, i'm sorry to do this so unexpectedly, but I gotta let you know that I won't be returning to U-A for a while." she began reading the message out and grew more shocked with every word. "I knew if I told you, you'd all try to stop me. I know I might be giving up my chance to remain in the hero course, and I know Aizawa's going to kill me. But do me a favour and don't worry about me. Seriously, i'm safe, and I have this handled. It'll be a piece of cake. I just can't-'" Ochaco choked and a tear fell down her cheek. "'I can't be what leads those psychos to you. So, don't w-wait for me...I'll be-"

Jirou walked up to Ochaco and put her arm around her, looking concerned.

"Oh, my god." Jirou whispered as realisation came hand-in-hand with dread.

"I'll be okay." Mina continued, picking up from where Ochaco left off. She reads from her own phone. "You guys all stay safe. Take care of each other. Don't get distracted, and focus on school. Don't give it up."

Mina could barely keep herself composed for more than a few seconds before she started crying, too.

Kirishima started talking from one of the couches. "I'll make sure the villains stay away from you. Please pass my word on to the teachers that i'm safe and taken care of. Don't come looking for me. And, I'm so sorry for any of the pain that I've already caused for you. But I promise I won't bring any more. Bye, for now."

Kirishima stared wide-eyed at his phone.

"So, did everyone get the same message?" Iida stepped forward. "Or just the few that already exchanged numbers with her."

"Yeah, I got it."

"Same."

"Neither of us got anything. I think she just sent it to her friends, but she probably knew you guys would read it to us."

"I thought I told the stupid girl not to text me. Damn it..." Bakugou scowls at his phone screen. "What is that dumbass thinking, runnin' away like that? Pathetic."