• ~ Chapter One ~ •

I grunted and lifted my foot once again through the snow before slowly putting it back down. Each step in the tundra like weather seemed like I was walking in soul sand, but if it went all the way to my knees. My small cottage taunted me with its warmth, the smoke from the fire billowing through the chimney, they grey dust fighting the strong wind and snow.

I could just imagine sitting by the fire warming my hands and hanging my mask up. Seeing phill.

Seeing her.

"Safrina!"

The memory was still so new, so fresh and bleeding.

"Safrina." I whispered.

The voices where screaming in my head, bouncing around like a tennis ball on the court. Back and forth, back and forth, back and forth.

"Shut up!"

They slowed only slightly at my outburst before they began again ten fold screaming about blood. They where angry too. At the world.

They took her from us!

        HE took her from us!
                                            NO idiot

      BLOOD

Over and over again they chanted their song, relentlessly beating down on my mind and thoughts, squishing my own with their blood thirst.

I hadn't even noticed that I was close to the house, I hadn't realized I was touching the doorknob. Didn't notice that I hung my mask up, hung up my coat my shook the snow off of me.

"You alright mate?"

I snapped out of my trance, Phil stood in-front of me a single eyebrow raised, and in his arms.

Her.

"Safrina."I whispered as she was softly placed in my arms. She cooed and babbled something incoherent flapping her little arms around as if she was trying to fly.

"She does that a lot, it's pretty funny." Philza chuckled brushing a piece of her pink hair from her face. She laughed and grabbed her little tail sticking it in her mouth.

"No no no" I said quickly, gently pulling her long tail from her mouth. In response she furrowed her little eyebrows and balled her fists in anger. I raised in eyebrow in surprise at her negative response.

"Ha! She takes after her father! Ay" Phil said bumping his elbow into my ribs. A massive grin on his face.

"Yea, sure okay" I said shaking my head, knowing he was right. Safrina babbled again and once again tried to eat her tail. "No, you can't eat that." I said sternly.

She stopped mid chew and her tail slipped slowly from her grasp. "Uhhh, what are you doing?" I asked nervously. He eyes seemed to grow x10 and they glossed over. "No, no, don't cry it's okay" I said rocking her quickly. This only seemed to set her off more and a bone crushing wail split through the air. A all too familiar wail.

"Safrina"

I whispered to myself. The name seemed to bounce around in my head, marinating with my voices. Flashes of the dreaded night flipped like a book before me causing a uproar in the voices, they screamed for blood. For revenge.

They chanted all in sync, a very rare phenomenon, they are usually a jumbled mess some hating life others begging to eat something, they never would be together in a single thought. Not until now.

And they all said one thing.

Blood.

Kill.

If the voices where people they would be dancing around me with pitchforks and flames screaming at me, jabbing every weak spot, every kink in my armor. My mind was spiraling shaking, tumbling with the sounds of her wails,

Her screams.

It taunted me, poked, prodded me. Him. Her.

Gone.

"Safrina!" Her name tumbled around, her voice begging for me.

"Tech!"

My brain fizzed out as did the voices, Phil was shaking me and snapping in-front of my blood red eyes. The crying had stopped, im not sure when it stopped, but it did.

"Mate? You alright?"

"What? Yea I'm fine. Why do you ask?" I grumbled.

I hadn't even noticed but Safrina was no longer in my arms. She was laying in her crib on the other side of the room, peacefully sleeping. I wonder how long she had been over there for.

"You zoned out there mate, was it the voices again?" He asked meeting my eyes with concern. I just nodded my head and shuffled up stairs into my room flopping onto my bed.

Man I was exhausted.

- • ~ - • ~ - • ~ - • ~ - • ~ - • ~ - • ~ - • ~

AN-
This one was really short but it was just to get us started on the book, the next chapter will be her when she is a toddler and the one after will be when she is 13-14
VOTE IF YOU LIKE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE
<3