Chapter 13

Abby's P.O.V

"Good morning." He chuckled.

"Mm morning." I yawned. I closed my eyes again and cuddled into Soda's chest. He placed me on the bed and I moved over and Darry placed Pony next to me. I snuggled into his chest and wrapped my legs with his and fell back asleep.

I woke up to fingers being run though my hair. I looked up and saw Pony looking at me.

"Creepy." I chuckled. He smiled at me and pecked my forehead. I cuddled into his chest taking in the warmth of his body.

"I can tell you're a morning person." He chuckled.

"Yea. I am." I yawned. "I'm going to clean my cut." I said and crawled out of bed. Pony stood up and wrapped his arms around my waist as I dug through his clothes looking for something.

"Here." He said, grabbing my favorite pair of his sweatpants.

"Thanks." I smiled, taking the pants. I walked over to the closet and grabbed Pony's track shirt that was really big on me and I headed to the bathroom. Pony walked in behind me and grabbed the alcohol from the drawer. I grabbed a washcloth and I tried to take the alcohol but he put it high above his head.

"Ponyyy." I whined. He shook his head and took the rag from me.

"I'm cleaning it." He said, plopping me on the counter. He stood in between my legs and I rested my head back against the mirror. I felt the cold rag against my neck and hissed in pain when the alcohol sunk into my cut.

"I'm sorry." He said, rubbing his hand up and down my leg.

"It's ok." I whimpered, blinking back tears. He continued to clean my cut and I gripped onto the edge of the counter in pain. Once he was done cleaning it a couple of tears rolled down my face.

"I'm so sorry." He said pulling me into a hug. I wrapped my arms around his neck and my legs around his waist and just cried into his shoulder. He picked me up and carried me to the bed where my clothes were laying.

"Why is it always me?" I choked out.

"I don't know. I'm sorry. I should've stayed with you or brought you with me." He whispered, rubbing up and down my back.

"Ponyboy Curtis! Don't you dare blame yourself for this. It's the stupid soc's fault." I scolded, as I pulled my face away from his shoulder.

"Ok. I'm sorry Abbs" He whispered, wiping my tears.

"It's ok. I just hate when you blame yourself." I said, my voice quivered and another tear rolled down my cheek. He wiped it yet again and pecked my forehead.

"I know, I'm sorry." He repeated. I nodded and gave him a kiss. He sat on the bed with me in his lap and kept the kiss tact.

"I love you Pony." I whispered once I caught my breath.

"I love you too, Abby." He smiled. I gave him a quick peck and grabbed the sweats. I quickly changed them. At this point I didn't care if Pony was in the room. I just wanted to be comfortable. I turned away and took off my shirt. I didn't feel like throwing a bra on so I just put Pony's big track shirt on. Once I was dressed I plopped back onto Pony's lap, my legs over his, my arms around his neck, and my head resting on his shoulder. Since I was facing sideways, Pony picked me up bridal style and took me to the living room.

"Morning love birds." Two sang.

"Shut your trap Keith." I sighed.

"Someone's grumpy." Dally chuckled. I gave him a death glare,  jumped out of Pony's arms, and tackled Dally. He fought back and I had him pinned on the ground in minutes.

"Morning." I smiled, while getting off of him. Pony was sitting on the couch so I plopped onto his lap going back into the same position I was in before. He wrapped his arms around my waist and started a conversation with Johnny. I blocked all the noises and chatter out and focused on Pony's scent and heartbeat. He smelt of cologne, the hospital, smoke, and alcohol from cleaning my cut. I noticed he didn't smell of hair grease and I looked up and saw his hair was fluffy. I smiled because I loved when his hair was fluffy and he gave me a weird look.

"Your hair looks cute." I smiled.

"Thanks." He smiled and blushed. I chuckled and rested my head back on his shoulder. I nuzzled my head into the crook of his neck and he rested his head on mine. His hair tickled my ear causing me to start laughing. He put his head up and looked at me.

"What are you laughing about?" He chuckled.

"Your hair is tickling my ear." I giggled, laying my head back in the crook of his neck. He laid his head back on mine and I giggled when his hair tickled the side of my face again.

"Guys help me get her!" He yelled, grabbing my arms. Two grabbed my legs and Dally started tickling me. I squirmed around laughing trying to get out.

"Guys..Stop.." I said in between laughs. Steve came over and started to tickle me and I kicked and screamed.

"Guys..Stop." I giggled. Johnny came over and started tickling me too.

"Johnnyyyy." I yelled, giggling. I accidentally kicked Two and everybody backed away except for Pony.

"Sorry Two." I laughed, sitting up to look at him. I was only wearing socks so it couldn't have hurt him too bad. I pounced on Pony and started tickling him and he quickly pinned me down causing me to chuckle.

"You thought." He chuckled, pinning me down to the couch.

"JOHNNY PONY IS TRYING TO MAKE OUT WITH ME ON THE COUCH!" I yelled. Darry stomped into the room and saw Johnny standing over us.

"No making out on the couch!" Darry's loud voice boomed.

"So we can in other places?" He smirked.

"Not under this roof."  Darry sighed.

Pony rolled his eyes and got off of me. I chuckled because he had nerves rolling his eyes at him and because he talked back. I stood up letting Pony sit down and I plopped on top of him. The house smelt of bacon by now and my stomach was growling.

"Breakfast!" Darry yelled. I wrapped my arms around Pony's neck and legs around his waist, signaling him to carry me out. He did so and sat down at the table. I got off his lap and sat next to him. Darry placed eggs and bacon infront of everyone and the boys started to scarf the food down. I rolled my eyes at them being pigs but began to eat my breakfast. I finished my food a couple minutes after the boys. I got the shivers because of a small breeze coming through the windows. Shortly after I felt arms wrap around my waist and my whole body warmed up.

"Hi babe." I smiled.

"Hi." He said and rested his head on top of mine. I washed the dishes while Pony kept his arms wrapped around my waist to keep me warm.

"You're like a personal heater." I giggled.

"And you're like a personal AC." He laughed. I rolled my eyes and dried the dishes then put them away. I went into our bedroom and threw one of Pony's sweatshirts on. He wrapped his arms around my waist when I turned around and picked me up.

"Put me down." I chuckled, squirming around.

"No." He said. I wrapped my arms around his neck and legs around his waist.

"Please." I whispered, giving him a kiss. He kissed back but didn't put me down. He set me down on the bed shortly after but he wrapped his arms around my waist without breaking the kiss. I ran my hands through his fluffy hair. One hand rested on my waist while the other rested on the side of my face to deepen the kiss. Things always got heated but never too far because we are always around the gang.

"I love you." I whispered, pecking his lips.

"I love you too." He smiled, picking me back up.

"Ughh." I groaned. I decided not to fight back so I wrapped my body around his taking in his warmth. He walked toward the door but I stopped him.

"No, please." I frowned. He sighed but headed back towards the bed laying down. I unwrapped myself from him and laid on my back signaling him to cuddle up with me. He rested his head on my chest and wrapped his arms around my waist. I kissed the top of his head and ran my fingers through his soft hair. I wrapped my legs around his and pulled my throw blanket over us. Pony kissed my chest and neck as I ran my hands through his hair causing me to let out a small giggle. He chuckled at me and laid his head back down onto my chest. My eyes slowly began to close and I fell asleep cuddled up with the love of my life.

-----------------------------------------------

Unedited- 1510 words