Chapter 8

Abby's P.O.V

"Hi Abby." Buck smiled.

"Hi Buck." I gave a small smile.

"You ok?" He asked. I nodded and walked up the stairs. I knocked on Dally's door because God knows what he's doing in there.

"Ugh. What do you want?" He groaned and I heard his footsteps come towards the door. Once he opened the door he saw me standing there crying.

"What happened kid?" He asked with furrowed eyebrows.

"I-I just." I broke down before I could finish.

"Ok. Come in Abbs." He said while leading me in the room. He sat on his bed and pulled a shirt on. He patted the spot next to him and I sat down. He pulled me into a side hug and rubbed his hand up and down my arm and leaned his head on mine. I started to calm down and at this point it was just sniffles.

"What happened doll?" He whispered.

"Pony and Cherry were fighting and when she saw me walk in she forced herself on Pony. I know he didn't cheat but it hurts. I just need some time away." I sniffled.

"Ok. You can stay the night." He said.

"Thanks Dal. This is why you're my favorite." I giggled.

"More than Johnny?" He asked.

"Dal. I love you but Johnny is my actual brother."

"I know. But either way I'm just great." He snickered.

"Sure." I laughed

"Are you hungry? I am. It's almost one." He asked.

"Yea. Can we get burgers?" I asked.

"Sure doll." He smiled.

"Let's go." He took my hand and we walked to the Dingo yet again and he ordered us burgers, fries, and pepsi's. We finished eating and he paid.

"Thanks Dal." I smiled.

"No problem doll." He hugged me.

"Can we go to Buck's please." I yawned.

"It's only 2:30. How are you still tired?" He asked.

"I don't know." I shrugged. By the time we got back to Buck's it was already 2:45 I went upstairs and laid down on Dal's bed.

"Imma sleep. Night Dal." I yawned.

"Ok." He chuckled. I closed my eyes and quickly fell asleep. I woke up at around 6:00 pm and Dallas was shaking me awake.

"What." I groaned.

"Let's eat dinner man." He whispered.

"Can you bring it up for me?" I begged.

"Fine. I'm stopping at DQ." He rolled his eyes and smirked.

"Ok!" I smiled. He walked out the door and around 6:30 he came back with the food.

"Ugh you took forever." I groaned with a smirk.

"Hey! There were so many people there." He retaliated.

"Ok, ok. I'm hungry." I sighed. Me and Dal ate and by the time we were done it was 7pm.

"Imma shower." I said while getting up.

"Ok." He said and I got up and walked to the bathroom. I took a long hot shower and wrapped myself in a towel. Once I was done I changed into PJ's and flopped on Dally.

"Ugh. Get off mee." He groaned.

"No." I said and wrapped my arms around his torso.

"You're annoying." He groaned.

"You know you love me." I smiled. He rolled his eyes and put his hands around my waist and closed his eyes.

"Night Dal. Love you." I said and rested my head on his chest.

"Night Ri. Love ya." He said and I slowly fell asleep.

I woke up to a cool breeze and the smell of cigarettes.

"Why do you smoke so early?" I groaned.

"Early? It's 10:30." He laughed.

"Ya. You should know me. That's early." I chuckled.

"Whatever. Want one?" He asked.

"Johnny would kill me. So sure." I chuckled. I got up and grabbed his cancer stick and took a few puffs before handing it back. We sat there looking out the window for a little while just giving the smoke back and forth.

"Are you ready to go to Curtis'?" He asked. I just nodded and grabbed some clothes. I got dressed quickly and brushed my teeth and hair. I walked out and Dallas was sitting on his bed smoking waiting for me.

"You smoke a lot." I rolled my eyes.

"Yup. Let's go doll." He said standing up. We walked down stairs and headed to the Curtis' house. Once we got there I kind of hid behind Dal not wanting to see everyone but of course Pony saw me.

"Abby!" He cried and ran towards me.

"Hi Pony." I mumbled looking down.

"Are you ok? Do you believe me? Do you forgive me?" He asked while a tear streamed down his face.

"Ya Pony." I whispered, wiping his tears. He engulfed me in a hug so fast which made me chuckle. I wrapped my legs around his waist and my arms around his neck.

"Want to go to the drive in tonight? I can make up for it." He smiled.

"Sure." I smiled back. He carried me to his bedroom while I nuzzled my face into his neck. I missed the smell of his hair gel, slight cigarettes, and shampoo. Just the smell of one of those made me think of Pony. I loved the smell.

"I love you." I mumbled into his neck.

"I love you too." He whispered. I could sense the stupid smile he had on his face which made me smile.

"I want to lay down." I groaned. He laid down while still holding onto me and I started to doze off as he just played with my hair. Before I knew it I was passed out.

Ponyboy's P.O.V

I'm so happy that Abby forgave me. I never did anything with Cherry. Everything I told her was true. Especially the part where I loved Abby. I laid down with Abby still on top of me and I ran my fingers through her hair. Very quickly I heard her soft breathing and I just closed my eyes to fall asleep with her. I woke up a little while later to my hair getting played with.

"Morning babe." Abby smiled.

"Afternoon." I grinned. She rolled her eyes and continued to play with my hair.

"Can we go to the living room?" She asked,

"You don't like cuddling with me?" I asked, acting like I was assaulted.

"No. I do not." She smirked. I rolled my eyes and sat up. She sat up on my lap and I carried her out to the living room while she wrapped her legs around my waist. Her
stomach growled and it was loud so I don't even know if she ate anything.

"I'm hungry. I never ate." She mumbled.

"What. Why?" I asked.

"Cause I came straight here when I woke up and fell asleep." She chuckled.

"Dare. Imma goes to the Dingo with Abby." I said.

"Ok. Carry a switch for both of you and be safe." Darry said without looking up from his newspaper.

--------------------------------------------

Unedited- 1084 words