Chapter 4

Abby's P.O.V

When Pony asked me I don't know why I was so excited. Pony was always so rude to me and he apologizes so I like him? I can't help it if I do. But why do I? These thoughts were circling through my head as I walked to my house. I snuck through the window because my parents were home. As soon as I got into my window I closed it as quietly as possible. I stepped backwards when the window was closed but I knocked into my makeup vanity and one of my make up bags fell with a loud CRASH! I jumped but I hid under my bed quickly and heard the door open.

"Who's in here!" My father slurred. I stayed quiet.

"I SAID WHOS IN HERE!" He yelled.
I slowly crawled out but regretted it once I felt a stinging in my cheek.

"WHY ARE YOU HERE?" He yelled. I felt tears brim my eyes but I tried to hold them back knowing it would make things worse.

"I-I'm sorry dad. I-I just need some clothes then I'll be gone." I stuttered.

"You shouldn't be back, I never want to see you again." And with that he slapped me again.

"I'm so-" I started but I soon got punched in the stomach making me hunch over and he kneed my face. That's gonna bruise. I thought. He threw me to the ground and kicked my sides then walked out.

I slowly crawled up while wincing in pain. I took my room phone and called Buck's.

"What?" I heard Buck answer.

"G-get Dally please." I winced

"Who is this?" He asked somewhat annoyed.

"Abby! JUST GET HIM PLEASE!" I shouted.
I heard static and some mumbling then Dallas picked up.

"What's wrong Abby?" Dallas asked

"My dad beat me." I choked out now, having tears streaming down my face.

"Ok. I'm coming!" He panicked

"Go through my window." I said then hung up.

I slowly got up fully and grabbed clothes for our date. I wasn't backing out because my dads done worse. Once I got dressed I laid on my bed and after around 5 minutes I heard my window open.

"Abby?" I heard Dallas whisper

"Over here." I sniffled. He carefully carried me out the window surprisingly without dropping me. He carefully walked me to the Curtis' which wasn't too far away and when he walked in the door I heard a whole bunch of gasps and 'what happened' then Johnny and Pony ran up to me.

"Oh Abby, what happened?" Johnny asked with tears

"D-dad." I said. My lip quivered as I tried to explain but no words came out. Dallas set me on the couch and Pony and Johnny sat on either side of me. I leaned on Pony's shoulder and sobbed while Johnny rubbed my leg to try and calm me down. Pony wrapped his arm around my waist and ran his fingers through my hair.

"Pony, bring her to your room." Johnny whispered. Pony nodded and carried me bridal style.

"Pony, I still wanna go on that date." I whispered, nuzzling my face into his chest.

"Ok. I'll have Soda, get food from the Dingo and we can watch the sunset." He said while placing me down.

"Thanks Pony." I smiled. He hummed in response and walked out. I laid down and held my stomach in pain. After about 5 minutes Pony walked back into the room.

"He's going to get the food." He whispered laying next to me.

"Thanks Pony." I said while resting my head on his chest. We just laid there for a while until Soda gave us food and me and Pony made our way to the roof. Me and Pony started eating in silence and just watched the sky.

"It's beautiful." I whispered after taking a sip of my Pepsi.

"Not as beautiful as you." He responded. It was cheesy but it gave me butterflies. To be honest I wouldn't mind having a cheesy relationship with him because I find it cute. I chuckled at him and took another fry.

Once we finished eating, the sun almost finished setting. I shivered as a big gust of wind flew by. I was only wearing a tank top with shorts so of course I was cold. Pony noticed me shiver and pulled me closer to him. His warmth was radiating off of his body and immediately warmed me up. I rested my head on his chest and we just laid there watching the sunlight turn dark. Once the sun fully set I looked up at Pony and he looked down. Our faces were inches apart and he started slowly leaning in. I don't know what he has done to me but I leaned in and we filled the gap in between us. I felt sparks flying through my body as soon as our lips touched. His lips were soft and warm. The kiss was passionate, not rough but not gentle.

Me and Pony pulled apart and just stared into each other's eyes and we were snapped out of our daze once we heard Steve yelling.

"GUYS THEY'RE MAKING OUT ON THE ROOF" He shouted while pointing towards us. I blushed and stood up pulling Pony up with me.

"C'mon let's go Pony." I said while grabbing the trash. I went back through the window and threw the trash away going back to Pony who was still in the room waiting for me. I grabbed a pair of sweatpants Ponyboy gave me and a shirt I stole from Dallas.

"Imma go change." I said walking towards the door.

"Just change in here. I ain't gonna look." He said facing the wall.

I quickly took my tank top and shorts off and pulled the big shirt on that said 'New York.' I pulled the sweatpants on then I took my bra off from under my shirt.

"You can look." I giggled.

"You take long." He said while turning around. I just chuckled and climbed into bed. Me and Pony were sitting facing each other in silence.

"Hey Abby." He said, breaking the silence.

"Yea?" I questioned.

"So I have liked you for a really long time. That's why I was so rude. I was trying to hide my true feelings. I really am sorry and I was just wondering if you would be my girl?" He asked

I jumped into his arms and kissed him.

"Yes Pony!" I shouted kissing him again.

Pony laid down with me still in his arms.  I rested my head on his chest and we tangled our legs together. My head rested in the crook of his neck and he kissed my head.

"Goodnight babe" I say over exaggerating 'babe'

"Goodnight babe," He chuckled, mocking me.
I closed my eyes as Pony ran his fingers through my hair and listened to his soft breathing. Babe It made me smile at the thought.

Ponyboy's P.O.V

I'm so happy she said yes. This girl is killing me. Babe. I like the sound of that. She fell asleep quickly and she seemed so peaceful. Soda cracked the door open and chuckled.

"Guess I'm sleeping on the couch." He whispered.

"Sorry Soda Goodnight." I whispered as he slowly closed the door.

"Night Pony." He said as he fully closed the door.

I kissed Abby's head then fell asleep to the sound of her soft breathing. Since it was Sunday I didn't have any alarms and I woke up to a soft kiss on my neck.

"Morning Abbs." I mumbled.

"Morning babe." She whispered. Memories of last night came rushing back into my head which made me smile. She's finally mine. The thought of that made me pull her up to my face and I kissed her. She chuckled against my lips and pulled back.

"Your hair is so perfect." She whispered while playing with my hair.

"So is yours. When it's not tangled." I chuckled. She playfully hit my chest and I wrapped my arms around her waist.

"Let's eat." I whispered in her ear.

"I don't want to get up." She mumbled in my chest.

"Ugh. Ok then." I said then picked her up. She wrapped her arms around my neck and her legs around my waist. She dug her face into my neck and her grip got tighter. Almost as if she let go she would lose me.

----------------------------------------------------

Unedited- 1359 words