Chapter 7

Abby's P.O.V

As soon as Pony opened the door and I heard all the chatter I mentally groaned and tightened my grip around Pony as he did the same. I can only imagine what we look like. Soda probably thinks we look cute and Dally probably just wants to barf. While thinking about what Dally might think I let out a little chuckle.

"What's so funny?" Pony asked.

"Just thinking." I giggled.

"About what?" He asked while heading towards the kitchen.

"Of how Dallas probably wants to throw up at the sight of us." I laughed while looking up. I hopped down from Pony's arms and wrapped the blanket around me tightly. I grabbed a plate and grabbed some eggs and pancakes that were sitting on the table. I threw them on the stove quickly to heat them up since they were cold from sitting for so long. Pony grabbed a piece of cake from the ice box and sat at the table. I took my stuff off of the stove and put it back on my plate while grabbing a fork. I sat down next to Pony and draped the blanket around my shoulders.

I ate kind of slow and Pony finished before me. He washed his plate and sat down next to me as I finished my last pancake. Once I finished Pony grabbed my plate and went to wash it.

"Thanks babe." I smiled as he dried my plate.

"You're welcome." He smiled, putting my plate away.

"I'm going to get ready." I said, giving him a quick kiss.

"Ok babe." He smiled. I went to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I went to grab my gum out of my bag but I was out.

"Ughhhh." I groaned. I didn't mean to be so loud but I guess I was.

"What's wrong babe?" Pony asked.

"Oh sorry. I'm just out of gum." I smiled.

"Ok. We can go when you're done to get some more." He smiled.

"Thanks babe." I said and gave him a peck before going back to what I was doing. I put my hair in two French braids and I put some eyeliner, mascara, highlighter, and lip gloss on then changed into skinny jeans with rips, a white cropped tank top, and a leather jacket. I put on my black boots and went to Pony's room.

"Ready?" I smiled.

"Wow. You look great." He said while walking towards me.

"Thanks." I giggled while he wrapped his arms around my waist. I gave him a quick kiss and headed out of the bedroom. I grabbed my purse off the coat stand and waited for Pony to get his shoes on.

"We're running to the store really quick!" I yelled.

"Ok! Be safe," Darry smiled. I nodded and walked out the door with Pony. Once we got to the side walk it reminded me of my dream I just had the other night.

"P-Pony." I stuttered.

"Yes?" He stopped walking and looked at me.

"My dream." I said and felt tears threatening to spill any second.

"It's ok baby." He said while engulfing me in a hug.

"Let's just keep going. Please." I begged. He nodded and we continued our way quickly to the store. I grabbed 4 packs of mint gum and paid for them while I snuck a few packs of smokes in my pocket.

"Twenty cents." The girl said. She was bubbly and kind of annoying to be honest. I gave her the change and took my gum. Once we left the store me and Pony ran home laughing and talking the whole way. We were only half the street away from the house and by now we were walking and talking while holding hands. We could see the house and we heard a roar from a mustang.

"Ponyboy. Run." I whispered. We ran faster than we ever have and jumped over the fence not even wanting to open it. We busted in the door and fell to the ground panting. I felt dizzy. The whole room was spinning. Suddenly everything went black.

I woke up and it felt like bricks were being thrown at my head.

"Pony?" I mumbled, My voice cracked and Pony's head bolted up.

"Abby! Are you okay?" He asked. Every word he said was like screaming and hitting off of my head making it more painful.

"Stop yelling." I winced and felt tears forming in my eyes.

"Abby I'm whispering." He said and again it was like shouting.

"Aspirin. Please." I felt a tear roll down my cheek. He nodded, not wanting to hurt my head more and went into the bathroom. He came back into the living room with Aspirin, water, and a miserable looking Johnny.

"Johnny!" I cried out and sprung up but I immediately fell back down in pain.

"Hey Abbs." He whispered. It hurt my head but I didn't care. I took two Aspirin tablets with the water and laid back down. I know I just woke up but I was exhausted.

"Pony, Johnny, I'm tired." I whispered. They nodded and Johnny picked me up.

"I love you bubs." I whispered and put my face in his chest.

"I love you too." He whispered but it still sounded loud. I started to doze off and I felt myself get put onto the bed. Someone laid down next to me wrapping their arms around my waist. I turned towards them, my eyes still closed and they pulled the blankets above us.

I woke up and my headache was gone. I saw Johnny asleep next to me with his arms still around my waist and I was still cuddled up to him. I miss when me and Johnny were this close. When mom and dad started beating us, he was the only one I had left then when me and Pony became a thing I just ditched him.

"Johnny, wake up." I said in his ear, making him jump.

"Ugh, screw you." He said while throwing a pillow and turning back around.

"Wanna spend the day together? I haven't hung out with you in a while Johnny. I miss our old sister-brother bond." I begged

"Really?!" He turned around with a huge smile.

"Yea." I chuckled. He nodded quickly then jumped out of bed. I hopped up and jumped on his back.

"Ugh you're heavy." He groaned.

"Shush Johnny. You carried me in here last night." I said, wrapping my arms around his neck.

"Fine." He sighed. I chuckled and he headed out the door. When we got into the living room everyone was up and quieter than usual. Dally gave a huge grin when he saw us.

"Johnny! Finally happened." He smirked.

"Huh?" I asked.

"Johnnycakes was complaining about how you guys weren't close anymore." He shrugged.

"Jonathan Cade! Why didn't you tell me?" I scolded.

"I felt bad. I didn't want you to worry about your jealous brother." He shrugged.

"But you're my brother. I don't care if you're jealous it won't make me mad Johnny. You should have told me." I sighed jumping down from his back. He nodded and looked down.

"Let's go to the Dingo." I whispered with a smile. He nodded and went to get washed up. I changed out of my clothes from yesterday and pulled on a tight leather skirt, a white sports bra, a leather jacket, and some black high heel boots. I did a red lip with some mascara and eyeliner. Once I finished I threw my hair into a quick braid and went to Johnny in the living room.

"Ready?" I smiled. He nodded and I gave Pony a hug and kiss and grabbed my purse while heading out the door.

"So Johnny." I grinned. He looked over at me and I continued.

"Any girls?" I giggled. He blushed and looked down which made me laugh.

"Oh my God. WHO?!" I squealed.

"A girl in a couple of my classes." He laughed at my excitement.

"Name. Now." I said.

"Her name is Connie." He blushed.

"OMG! The really pretty greaser girl everyone likes?! I think you have a chance John." I giggled.

"JOHNNY IS IN LOVEEEE." I yelled running down the street.

"ABBY!" He yelled chasing me. I laughed and kept yelling while running.

"JOHNNY IS IN LOVE. JOHNNY IS IN LOVE. JOHNNY IS IN LOVE." I yelled giggling. Johnny pounced on me which made me laugh even harder.

"ABBYYY." He groaned.

"You're so annoying." He laughed while getting up. He put his hand out and I took it then dusted all the dirt off my skirt. Me and Johnny continued our walk to the Dingo laughing and talking about random stuff. When we got there we saw Connie.

"Go sit with her. I'm going to order and go to Curtis'. Might be your only chance." I giggled.

Johnny reluctantly went to sit with her and they looked like they were already hitting it off well by the time I got my food. I ate up quickly then headed out the door. I ran to the Curtis house and quietly went through the door. Pony wasn't in the living room so I snuck into his room. He was arguing with this red head and when she saw me walk in she kissed him.

"GET OFF ME CHERRY!" Pony shouted. He pushed her away and she stormed out the door. I stood there not knowing what to do and when he turned around tears were streaming down my face.

"Abby. Babe." He started coming towards me.

"Why were you in the bedroom?" I choked out.

"Two-Bit  was out there and me and Cherry were arguing about something and he was complaining about us being too loud over his Mickey. It's not what it looked like. You saw me push her away." He said tears filling his eyes.

"I-I just need time." I sobbed.

"Take as much time as you need." He sighed. I couldn't go bother Johnny so I went to Buck's. Dal was the next best option. I walked to Buck's and just walked in since pretty much nobody was at the bar today.

----------------------------------------------

Unedited- 1633 words