Sparking/Surge Husband Shu Kurenai x Pregnant Wife Reader

Start from the beginning

Shu: "No." *stern tone* "I'll do it. You have some rest first."

(Y/N): "But Shu-"

Shu: "(n/n). I know you just want to help but you're pregnant. I'm not taking any risks by making you stand for a long time. Not when I can cook for us."

(Y/N): "But-"

Shu: "No more buts. End of discussion." *shoved her into the living room*

(Y/N): *pouts like a balloon*

Case 2:

(Y/N): "Hey Shu! Why don't we just hire a cook for cooking the meals? This way you can also have some rest and-"

Shu: "No. I'll do the cooking."

(Y/N): "But why?"

Shu: "Because I'm not trusting a stranger with cooking food. What if he or she mixes something in the food that's not good for you or for the baby? What if something happens to any of you huh? What will I do then?"

(Y/N): "You're overthinking, Shu. We can hire a professional co-"

Shu: "(Y/N). Whatever you want to eat, just tell me. I'll make it for you. No need for a 'cook' when I'm here."

(Y/N): *sighs in defeat*

--------------------------------------------------------------------
Shu was being overprotective as hell. Yes, he was caring and brought every food that (Y/N) craved for, be it popcorns with tomato ketchup or just some normal Oreo flavour/hazelnut chocolates.

He even put up with the mood swings that she'd get. Once, (Y/N) began shouting and yelling at him because he didn't let her help with the chores. Later on the same day, she broke down crying because she regretted yelling at Shu.

However, Shu being the nice husband he is, embraced the girl in his arms and patted her back while whispering sweet words in her ear until she'd calmed down.

That was how (Y/N)'s first pregnancy went. But the real challenge for both Shu and her was the time of the delivery.

While the (h/c) haired girl tried her best to stay calm in the ninth month, the crimson-eyed albino just couldn't stop worrying.

Even if (Y/N) made the slightest sound of discomfort with a hand on her belly, Shu would come rushing to her and insist on taking her to the hospital.

If it hadn't been for the (e/c) eyed girl's stubbornness, Shu would've had her admitted to the hospital at the start of the ninth month.

He was really....nervous and wanted to make sure that both (Y/N) and his child would be fine after the delivery.

--------------------------------------------------------------------
In the evening:

"Are you sure about this, (n/n)? I can stay back if you ne-"

"For the 36th time, I'm 100% sure! You can rest assured! Nothing will happen."

"But-"

Before he could say anything, (Y/N) put her index finger on his lips and said,

"I said it is fine. Nothing will happen in the next 2 hours. I'm sure of it."