Sparking/Surge General Shu Kurenai x Queen Reader

Requested by MALYUNA0
Tysm for your request. This was an interesting one to work on. ^^
I hope it turns out just as interesting to read...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
[This story is set in the mediaeval times]
Flashback:
10 years ago:
"Shu! Shu! Look! I found a flower! A beautiful flower!"

An (h/c) haired girl cheered happily as an albino ran to her with a smile plastered on his face as well.

"Let me see. Oh! It's a white rose Your Highness."

"A white rose? Does it mean something special?"
She asked and tilted her head as the red eyed boy chuckled and nodded.

"White roses symbolise loyalty, purity and innocence."

"Really? You're so knowledgeable Shu!"
The girl smiled happily again as she hugged the boy who now had a red face.

"P-princess, please don't h-hug me like this. If a servant spots us then he or she will misunderstand and I might get i-in trouble."

"Oh! Is that so? My apologies."

The girl apologized and pulled away as the albino panicked again,
"Princess why must you be so polite? You shouldn't be apologising to a lowly peasant like me."

A frown appeared on the girl's cute little face as she crossed her arms and said,

"You're not a lowly peasant! You're the son of the General of the army of our kingdom! You'll become the next General! And above all that, you're my FRIEND!"

She put emphasis on the word "friend" as the young boy smiled and nodded in agreement to her.

"If Your Highness wants me to be her friend then I dare not deny."

"No need to be so formal, Shu kun."

She smiled and held out her pinkie finger to him.

"Pinky promise?"

The albino nodded at once and intertwined his pinkie finger with hers.

"Pinky promise. I'll always be your friend."
--------------------------------------------------------------------
1 year later:

The (h/c) haired princess was anxiously walking around her room as her personal bodyguard, a.k.a., Shu stood in one corner and looked at her with a gaze filled with sympathy.

Suddenly, a maid and a knight barged in the room as they both bowed down to the girl who looked at them with her eyes still showing worry and anxiety.

"Y-your majesty, t-the king and the queen..."

"What? What happened to mom and dad?! Tell me!"

"T-they have b-been k-killed."

"What?!"

The maid said that one sentence which completely shattered the princess. She couldn't control the outburst of her emotions and fell on her knees, trying to convince herself that it was not true.

"N-no..."

"Your majesty!"

The maid quickly went by her side and tried to calm her down as the knight turned his eyes to Shu who was looking equally devastated like the (h/c) haired princess was.

But there was more devastating news in store for him. The knight signalled him to follow him outside, which the albino did and then he closed the door to the princess' room.