IX: Rockstar Tempers

30th of March, 2013

Alison and Lola sat side by side in front of a large mirror, their reflections staring back at them as they applied their makeup. The room was filled with excitement, anticipation, and the sound of Matty's persistent shouts to hurry up.

"Come on, you two! What's taking so long? We're going to be late, and I won't miss a single second of this!" Matty's voice boomed through the apartment, his impatience bordering on anger.

Alison exchanged a worried glance with Lola, sensing the intensity in Matty's tone. They quickly finished applying their makeup, their hands trembling slightly from the pressure to move faster. The atmosphere in the room had shifted, and the once joyous anticipation now carried a sense of urgency and tension.

Matty stormed into the room, his frustration evident on his face. His voice echoed through the space, filled with a mix of anger and impatience.

"What on earth is taking you so long? We've been planning this for weeks, and you're still not ready? This is ridiculous! We're leaving now, whether you're ready or not," Matty barked, his words laced with irritation.

Alison knew this was an important day for Matty. The 1975 were about to play for their biggest crowd yet, playing alongside The Killers, Arctic Monkeys, Twenty One Pilots, Linkin Park, Paramore, Foo Fighters and lots of other incredible fans in a festival in Long Island.

Feeling the weight of the moment and wanting to support Matty, Alison took a deep breath and spoke softly but firmly, "Matty, we're almost ready. We understand how important today is for you, and we're excited too. Just give us a few more moments, please."

Her tone was stern, Matty did not want to start an argument but huffed a passive aggressive sigh and leaned up against the doorway, making the girls feel even more on edge as they put on lipgloss and touched up their hair.

As they finished up, following behind a moody Matty, they snapped a few selfies, smiling and blowing kisses, insisting that Matty stand in for some, an offer which he declined with nonsensical mumbling. Outside, they met the rest of the boys outside a blacked out 7 seater which would drop them to the venue.

Alison and George exchanged a knowing glance, their eyes lingering a moment longer than necessary. A subtle smirk played at the corners of their lips, revealing the unspoken connection between them. It was in those stolen glances and hidden touches that their secret - 3 week arrangement was shown. Their interactions held a hint of intimacy, a chemistry that couldn't be ignored, yet they carefully concealed their true connection from watching eyes. It was in the way they brushed against each other, their fingertips grazing lightly, and the shared inside jokes that only they understood.

Alison sat between Lola and George in the car, allowing her knee to rest against George's. As the car rumbled to life and the familiar melodies of The Smashing Pumpkins poured through the speakers, Alison felt a mix of excitement and apprehension coursing through her veins. She exchanged a fleeting glance with George, their eyes locking for a brief moment before they both turned their attention to the passing scenery outside.

Alison couldn't help but steal glances at George throughout the journey, his presence comforting and electrifying at the same time. She admired the way his eyes sparkled , the way his lips curved into a knowing smile. There was a magnetic pull between them, an unspoken desire that lingered beneath the surface.

-

As the car approached the festival grounds, the energy around them intensified. There was not yet a crowd, but bands sound checking. Matty's ears stood up like a bunny's when he heard the familiar chord strum of Mr. Brightside by The Killers.