VII: Okay, he doesn't suck that much I think

4th of March, 2013

It had been two weeks since that momentous day, and the dynamics among the group had shifted. Alison had become a regular presence in Lola , Matty and George's apartment, spending time with Lola and deepening their friendship. Her bond with Matty was very tight knit, the duo spending lots of time together, and when they weren't, they were texting or Face-timing. George however kept communication with Alison to a minimum. A simple "Hiya" whenever she entered his home was enough for him. But she wanted more.

In the midst of a lazy afternoon, George finds himself alone in his apartment. The room is filled with a calm ambiance, allowing his thoughts to wander freely. As he glances around, his eyes fall upon a familiar magazine lying on the coffee table. It's Lola's favorite publication, and he curiously picks it up, flipping through its glossy pages.

To his surprise, he stumbles upon a feature article with Alison's face gracing the pages. The article highlights a photoshoot she participated in, showcasing her natural beauty.

She sports a purple gown, like something a disney princess would wear. George finds himself captivated by the images, his gaze lingering on each photo. He can't deny the attraction he feels towards her.

Just as George becomes lost in his thoughts, Matty enters the apartment, catching him red-handed, engrossed in the magazine. A playful smirk forms on Matty's face as he notices George's reaction.

"Well, well, well," Matty teases, resting on the door frame "Looks like someone has a secret crush on our lovely Alison."

George's cheeks flush with embarrassment as he tries to maintain his composure. He quickly tries to brush it off, shaking his head in denial.

"No I fucking don't. I was just looking. I didn't know she was a model." George responds, defensive.

Matty chuckles knowingly, not easily swayed by George's dismissive words. "Oh, come on, George. I've seen the way you look at her."

George shakes his head once again, dropping the magazine on the table.

"I don't look at her in a 'way'. I just have eyes. Shut up Matty," George folds his arms.

Matty raises an eyebrow, amusement dancing in his eyes. He knows George too well to be fooled by his deflection.

"Remember that night when you two talked for hours outside.. I watched you for a while from the window. And when you came back in, she fell asleep next to you.You carried her up to bed, held her all gently and sweet."

George's gaze drifts off into the distance, replaying that moment in his mind. He recalls carrying a sleeping Alison to Lola's bed, the fragility and trust in her peaceful state. The memory stirs something deep within him.

"I couldn't just leave her," George murmurs, his voice barely above a whisper. "It felt like she belonged in my arms,"

Matty nods for a moment, before chuckling. "Oh my, you are dying for that girl," He laughs at George's comment, he never talks like this.

George rolls his eyes. "Thought I could open up and you take the fucking piss," He mumbles, semi joking.

Matty's laughter subsides, and he gives George a warm smile. "I'm not making fun of you, mate. It's just... It's nice to see you opening up and admitting your feelings. Alison is a great person, and maybe it's time you let her in a bit more."

George puts his face in his hands, sighing.

"I don't want to be hurt again."