Chapter No 10 Greatest lost

Life was too easy back then, I, Easton, Julieta, Pato-duck and Tian. We used to be best friends. Easton and Julieta were twins, they had the same IQ, in the whole school that could beat Easton was his sister Julieta.

"This time I won with one number" she said excitedly on the other side Easton does not care at all. We were standing in the hall. A girl passed by them and Easton smiled at her. She winked at him and he left after her. Pato-duck and Tian were not in the school today, so only I and Julieta left.

"Look Alejandro I won over Easton and instead of giving treat he left" she said sadly, I felt really bad over her sadness.

"Don't worry Leeta, I will take you to the café and it's my treat" I said smiling. She smiled in return.

We went to a café and spent the time together. She was a bit nervous, like she wanted to say something.

"What is Leeta?" I asked her. "Nothing Alejandro" she said while looking away.

"You know I can track when you lie" I said while looking inside her eyes.

"It's nothing" she said again, but I knew she was hiding something.

Then her phone rang and she went outside, through the glass wall I was watching her, she looked so happy I never have seen her this much happy.

After a while she came back. "You seemed so happy, what is it?" I asked her.

"Well you will find it in a minute but promise me you would not tell this to Easton" she said in a whisper.

"What is it?" I asked suspiciously. After five minutes a boy of our age came, I have never seen him before, but I could tell he had charms. He walked towards our direction, he sat on the chair.

"Lucus this is Alejandro, Alejandro this is Lucus my boyfriend" she said smiling. The whole world around me shattered into pieces, I looked at Julieta and what she was saying I could only see her lips moving, her words were not my focus.

"Alejandro? Alejandro?" she called my name and I came back to my senses.

"Yeah I am listening" I said with a fake smile. "Hy Lucus, it's nice to meet you" I said half heartedly. I was happy for her, but deep down my heart was broken. I had plans to tell her what I feel for her.

"Please don't tell this to Easton, I will tell him personally" she said.

"I won't" I said shortly. She smiled in return. Her smile was a ray of light. I got up.

"Where are you going?" she asked. "I am going home, mom has asked me to come earlier" I said. She smiled and said "Take care".

I was leaving when she called me again I turned "Thanks" she said.

That day I saw her for the last time. If I knew I would not let her go alone. I would have told Easton if I knew little about it.

******

I was lying on the bed thinking about the ring box in my hand. I bought it so that one day I would propose to her. I smiled bitterly looking at the ring. My phone rang, if I knew the news I would have never answer up.

"Hello!" I said.

"Hello Alejandro, Julieta is at your place?" he asked worriedly, I looked at the clock and it was showing 11 O'clock in the night.

"No she is not here, she never left home until 9 O clock" I said worried.

"Julieta is not home, we all are worried," he said furiously. Then I remember I left her with that guy.