CHAPTER 17

Ink's point of view

(Last day of the prom)

It was morning again. This morning however was different from the others. Today was the day that everything would change. I got dressed and got ready. But I wore something casual. Probably everyone did. No one would wear a dress this day, except the one Lord Error would choose. The selection will be made during the ball.

I left my room and went to the table for breakfast. As I sat down at the table, the servants had already begun to bring me food. Then I realized that there was another person like me at the table. It was Sir Nightmare.

"Good morning, Miss Ink."

"You too, Sir Nightmare. How are you?"

"I'm fine, but i should ask about you."

"Why me?"

"Today is the last day of the prom. Error won't choose you. You don't look sad at all."

"Won't he choose? What do you mean?"

"He said it himself. He said it was too early to be with you. But I smell a lie. I doubt he's cheating."

"With who? Why would he cheat?"

"Maybe he doesn't love you as much as you think he does. Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to break you up. I'm one of your biggest supporters."

"We'll find out at the prom what you say is true."

There's no way Error is cheating me. Anyway we r not even lovers. I have to talk to him about this. Besides, there must be a reason Sir Nightmare said that. Lord Error's best friend.
I was wondering where is Error now?

After breakfast, I checked Error's room. He was not there. I searched the entire castle. I eve looked at the garden. I asked if they had seen the Error. No one knew. There is only one place left.

I opened the way to the secret library. I made it through the narrow space even if it was difficult. I opened the library door and went inside. No one was there.
Nobody was there, including Lord Error and Miss Ink. Did they run away?

I came back the way I came. However, an unexpected surprise greeted me.

"So you learned." said Error.

"What are you talking about?"

"They escaped. Or someone kidnapped them."

"Is that a problem?"

"If anyone but us sees them, we'll have a hard time. They might even put us both in jail."

"Then let's find them?"

"There's no way. They're hiding somewhere else."

"Did you find the traitor?"

"No and everything is getting DIFFICULT!!" "

"What are you implying???"

"Ink, I'm talking about an incident that happened this morning. I went down to the ballroom to check it out and you want to know what I saw?"

"What did you see?"

"The Llia ruby. But I only saw its light. I was very close to finding it, BUT Sir Killer blocked me."

"How?"

"He said there were documents that needed to be signed for the prom. I had to leave."

"Maybe I can find it."

"Go find it if you're going to be careful. But we need something to destroy that ruby ​​so we can get our powers back."

"Like what?"