CHAPTER 6

Error's point of view:

I could tell he was dying of embarrassment. I didn't quite understand why. Besides, there was no need for such a backlash just because I invited him friendly to a restaurant.

But he looks really nice today.

One of the little things I wanted to do before I left here was go to a restaurant. I wonder how the food here is.

They probably won't mind their lord's absence for a while.

I think Ink has recovered a bit now. He just got embarrassed. I noticed.

"Hey Ink, what do you think about this place?"

He spoke quickly. "Good, I really like it."

"Since we're leaving soon, enjoy these few days."

Ink seemed to hesitate a bit. I think he wants to ask something. OK, I'll wait until he asks.

"E-error. Can I ask you something?"

Heh, I've been waiting for this moment too.

"Shoot."

"Why are you being so nice to me? So you know we're enemies after all."

Pftttt. I have a smile. Seriously wondering that? I chuckled slightly.

"Oh shit Ink. Was that really? Don't worry, when I get my magic back I won't leave you alive. I remind you that we're in this situation because of you."

As I said this, I knew that he was looking at me with eyes filled with fear. Did I say something wrong? I always say that. Or before every fight. Why was he afraid this time? After all, he knows that he cannot truly die.

"Ok." I heard him mutter.

I can't have gone too far. I could have said worse. I mean, like 'you will say goodbye to those precious au's, I will regret every second of your life, you will wish to die'. But I won't go that far. I'm not as bad as I seem.

Enjoy your good days. Besides, it's not my fault that I'm in a good mood right now.

Ink looked around. He was watching the sparrows by the edge of a small pond with one hand on his chin. They were very sweet sparrows. They were swimming in the water. Even sparrows are happy here.

While Ink was watching them, I noticed a servant coming towards me. He called out to me from a distance where I could hear him:
-Lord Error, Sir Nightmare said he wanted to talk about a few things with you.
- All right, I'll be there in 5 minutes.

Later, the servant left. Ink didn't seem to hear anything. I stood up and collected myself. Ink must have noticed this because he asked me a question.

"Where are you going?"

"To Sir Nightmare. He called me for some reason."

"Does it make sense that he can summon someone superior to him?"

"Sir Nightmare is the next in authority here after me. He's also Lord Error's best friend, as I understand it. So I don't think it'll be a problem."

"Well, see you then."

I left Ink's side without saying anything else. He'll probably think I'm rude. He is really right. I am.

(Time Skip)

"What did you want to talk about, Sir Nightmare?"

"I know you didn't invite your brother Sir Fresh to the prom. But he sent us a message that he specifically wanted to attend. He also added a footnote that your long-lost brother, Sir Geno, would be coming with him. I didn't know what to do."

I thought a little. Perhaps Lord Error had a reason not to invite Sir Fresh. But I didn't know why. In fact, if I were to look at this situation from my own perspective, I would not invite that parasite. But Geno's presence could change a few things.

"Okay, add those two to the list."

"Also, I don't mean to be rude, but can I ask one more thing?"

"Certainly."

"Something happened to you? You almost never spoke to me formally."

What would I say now? He's right, considering he's actually my close friend. I should have been more candid.

"I'm not feeling very well right now. I never paid any attention to it."

"You know you can talk to me any time you want."

"Okay, I promise I'll discuss this with you later."

He was looking at me with confidence.

"If you're not busy, can we talk today?"

"I'll hang out with Miss Ink at noon. It might be late afternoon."

He grinned at me. And he winked.

"Someone's hanging out with Miss Ink a lot these days. Why? Hmmm?"

It was not something I was used to hearing from him. He had never looked at me like this before. The Nightmare of this universe is a little more passive.

"Don't think of anything! Just for conversation. A good friend, why not hang out?"

"I don't know, maybe you picked the lucky one for prom, that's why I asked."

I frowned. Does he seriously think Ink is the person I'm going to pick?
I'm sure a yellow blush covered my cheeks. I quickly left without saying anything else. I went to my room. I threw myself on the bed.

If I couldn't leave on the 3rd day, who would I choose?

----------------
859 words!! I hope you like it!
Stay happy<3