Chapter 11 - Luminous Ties: When Moon met the Sun

Izuku found himself scaling the treacherous slopes of Mount Hokabe, a snow-capped mountain nestled in the far side of Fiore.

The biting cold that would normally deter others didn't trouble him, thanks to his magic. His body radiated a comforting warmth, making his tolerance to the frigid temperatures easier than a ordinary human being.

He was here on a job. 

A-class job to be specific. 

The job's objective was to confront and defeat a colossal flying creature that has been terrorizing the vicinity. Countless reports had poured in, each one describing the problems they face because of the beast. It was a large one, capable of instigating powerful snow avalanches that wreaked havoc upon the pathways surrounding the hills.

Its presence had disrupted the peaceful life in the region, making the mountain pass treacherous and impassable for merchants and travelers alike. The persistent threat of snowslides became an ever-looming shadow that cast unease and uncertainty over the villagers residing in the foothills.

The descriptions of the creature varied, but one consistent detail he got from his investigation was, it was large creature capable of flying above the clouds and surviving in this temperature. Izuku speculated that it could be a griffon or perhaps a majestic eagle-like creature due to its mentioned size and aerial prowess.

He had finally ascended to the peak of the mountain where the villagers had claimed to have seen the creature set down. The powerful and continuous snowstorm limited the possibilities to but a few creatures.

With each deliberate step, Izuku trudged through the knee-high snow, his boots effortlessly melting the delicate flakes upon contact. As he ventured deeper into the heart of the mountainous terrain, Izuku's trained eyes scrutinized the tracks, seeking any insights they might reveal.

Soon, his perceptive gaze fell upon the first tangible clue, emerging from the pristine canvas of white. Imprinted in the snow were tracks, etched by the creature. They stretched approximately three feet in length, their width measuring two feet, and a depth of about a foot. It looked like the talons of the bird. A single rear talon accompanied by the imprints of three frontal ones.

As Izuku contemplated the nature of the creature, his mind danced with speculations. "It's large enough to be a wyvern," he pondered, "but based on the depth, it's not heavy enough to be wyvern." 

The enigma of the creature's identity kept him on edge. He had his senses attuned to any clue that might shed light on the mystery. Following the tracks deeper into the mountain range, Izuku found himself amidst a peak. The peaks stretched skyward once again, much to his chagrin. 

Still he continued his hiking as he walked along a shallow valley. As time went on and as he reached the peak, the snowfall intensified, enveloping the landscape in a swirling curtain of white.