Chapter: 1 - The Setting Sun's Sorrow (Edited)

As the sun began its descent towards the horizon, winds howled along with the passing breeze. In front of a gradient of warm hues spreads across the sky, blending shades of orange, pink, and gold, stood a 17 year old young man at the edge of a roof of a high building.

He heaved a sigh, and looked towards the setting sun & closed his eyes. Thinking & contemplating how & why his life came to be this way. Thinking to himself, Izuku Midoriya asked.

"Why am I the only one living so miserably? Will anything for once, go the right way for me? Why am I the only one always getting short end of the stick?"

Reminiscing about his life, Izuku remembered his childhood when he was 5 years old. He was a good kid with a kind heart. He had many friends. The teachers always praised him for being quick to answer the questions. 

But all that changed the moment he was told he lacked a mutation that 95% of the population had. 

From there everything went downhill for him. He lost all of his friends. Even his best friend Katsuki Bakugo left him, and moreover started to treat him like he was a speck of dirt. His peers started bullying him after he lost Katsuki's friendship. When he went to the teachers in search of help, he received none. 

So, he never got the help he needed in his school. So naturally as a kid, he went to his father next only to watch him leave their house the moment he came back from the school. He saw his father angrily shouting at this mother and storming out of the house cursing him.

He stood there and watched as his mother sobbed for a long time before glaring at him and leaving to our room. That was the last time, he saw his father and the last time his mother acted like a mother to him. As a child he did not understand many things, but he understood that day, that his family was never going to be same hereafter.

So the next 12-13 years of his life passed like a living hell. Everything in his life changed except the constant suffering. He was forced to go through many things that no child should ever suffer.

He was treated like a plague everywhere he went, he was called names and got beaten up all the time. If he ever stood up for himself, the punishment would only increase. He was forced to give up fighting for himself and accept that was his life at the young age of 9. 

He had given up on everything and everyone. 

But one thing pushed him forward. 

His dream.

That could've been a thread he kept holding on to because he was afraid to die. But that was the thing that gave him will to live.

The huge smile and the hands that saved anyone no matter what.

"It's fine now, why? Because I am here."

Those words gave him the hope good heart still existed in the world.