Learning To Fear the Squeaky Hammer

Start from the beginning

That explained almost everything, the stalling at the front desk, he blank look in the gods eyes, how Khione knew him and why she had told her brothers not to speak to him, actually, it didn't explain that last part, but close enough.

With at least a theory at hand, he decided his next move should be to intercept and go help those demigods on their quest, it sounds like Boreas let them leave so they must have been heading to the next stage of their quest.

He didn't have much to go on, only that they had passed through there. So he had no way to follow after them, no way to keep them safe, and not even a general direction to head in. He needed a lead, someone who could help him track them down.

His mind immediately raced towards the woman he had seen in the lobby, he had a gut feeling that she was the one that helped him escape, though he didn't know who she was or why. So he phoned a friend.

"That woman, do you know who that was Fleecy?" He asked, thinking to the blonde woman in the lobby. "Oh...um...I wasn't watching back then." She said in embarrassment, "What were you doing?" He asked out of curiosity. "Stocking the shelves!" She said far too quickly. "Fleecy..."

"Ok, so I was watching Hephaestus TV ok!" She said, "Sue me! Staying in the shop waiting for customers is BOORING! And seeing what the Olympians get up to in their spare time is fun." She began to ramble.

"Like, did you know Athena has read over a thousand books since they shut down, and she's writing her fifty-seventh. And Aphrodite is doing a full body cleanse, and oh my gods Apollo's tan is...mmmhhh" She trailed off.

"Yeah, he is pretty hot." (Y/N) said, "Heh, because he's the sun guy. Funny." Fleecy giggled, "Well yeah, that too." (Y/N) said, then it dawned on him, pun intended, "Wait, Fleecy, how are you watching Olympus TV if it's shut down all contact? They shouldn't be broadcasting."

There was a tense silence, even over a magical connection in (Y/N)'s head, which was finally broken when Fleecy pleaded, "Please don't tell Iris!" (Y/N) was very confused, Iris was a pretty chill lady, he doubts she would care how Fleecy occupied her time.

"-She told me that I shouldn't abuse her good nature and that using Iris messages to keep track of the goings on of Olympus was an invasion of privacy, but I'm only using the picture, so it's not like I'm eavesdropping or anything, just watching. And Hephaestus usually broadcasts that anyway, so-"

He stopped her rambling, "-You've been using Iris messages to pirate TV shows? Fleecy, you're a cloud after my own heart." "That's very offensive!" She said, frowning, he held up his hands apologetically, "Sorry, look, this is important, can you put me on with a god?"

"I don't know if I should really-" "Fleecy! Can you put me through to any of the gods, any at all, Hecate's good with magic she's probably the best choice, just not Zeus or Ares. No, Athena! Fleecy, put me through to Athena."

"We aren't supposed to report to anyone but lord Zeus..." She said  quietly, "And that's only if there's trouble-" "Fleecy, there is trouble, but I'm sure you don't want to bother old bolt face while he's flexing in a mirror or something."

"I don't know about this (Y/N)" "I promise I won't tell Iris, can you just try for me? Think of it this way, if it works, you've saved Olympus, and you're the hero-" "-And I can ask Iris for a raise-" "-Not my first thought, but sure."

She sighed, and said "Okay, I'll try, but this cloud is really taking it out of me. So no promises, and you owe me a drachma!" "Fine." He agreed, more excited about the prospect of making contact with a god then his worries about the cost of international calls.

He waited for a second, a rainbow appeared in front of him, it was small, about the size of a regular dinner plate, but after a moment of static, he saw a woman, her nose deep in a book, as she stirred some coffee.