𝐢𝐱. 𝐝𝐫𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐭𝐨𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐢𝐚

»»————««

ix.
d r a p e t o m a n i a
an overwhelming urge to run away.

»»————««

Kuroo wants to scream. Not only was he told that he's been taking an antipsychotic for the past month, but now he's been given an antidepressant. He feels like he can't trust the new doctor, or any doctor after what happened, and for the first time ever since he met you, Kuroo feels lost.

It was nice having someone for Kuroo to talk to during the late night hours. If only you were still here, lying beside him in his bed, then maybe you would've given him some advice on what to do next.

And despite being given the correct medication for his insomnia — and for his depression, but Kuroo is still in denial of ever being depressed —  he finds himself wanting the other pills, the ones that aren't even meant for him.

Kuroo laughs at the ceiling of his bedroom, which now appears more uglier than ever. He finds it ironic how a medication called an antipsychotic has managed to do the opposite of what it's meant to do.

It leads him to the conclusion that only two things can save him; denial, all for the sake of his own peace of mind, or finding a way to see you again, even if it means going to extreme measures.

Be a good boy and keep taking your pills, unless you want to lose me.

"Where the fuck am I going to find antipsychotics?" Kuroo asks the ceiling, then cringes when he realizes that maybe he actually lost his mind because he just talked to his ceiling like it was an actual person.

With a groan, he sits up in his bed and tries to find something else to stare at. He needs another human to talk to. He needs to see someone, to hear someone, and to feel like he has someone in his life that wants him just as much as he wants them.

It's like a void that he didn't know was there until he lost you.

But, did he really lose you? If this entire time you were just hallucinations, it means that you were conjured up from somewhere inside Kuroo's mind. You still exist, but only inside his head. He just needs to figure out a way to find you again.

In the meantime, Kuroo reaches for his phone and scrolls through his contacts. Even though it's late at night, there's only one person that he knows is probably still awake at this hour, rotting away from video games and energy drinks.

Kuroo presses his best friend's name and holds the phone to his ear. It rings once, twice, three times before the call is answered with a bored voice. "Kuroo," Kenma mumbles on the other end of the line.

"Hey, Kenma!" Kuroo tries to hide his misery with enthusiasm, but too bad for him, his friend can hear straight through it. "How've you been?"

Kenma sighs. "Fine, I guess."

"Just fine?"

"Yeah..." Kenma waits for Kuroo to do his usual ramble. That's how all of their phone calls went, just Kuroo talking and Kenma listening — and Kuroo always made sure to go into depth, sharing stories from his classes and what he ate throughout the week and just nonsense that Kenma was not interested in at all.

These small details made Kuroo who he was. That's why when he stays silent, Kenma instantly knows that something is off.

"You're awfully quiet," Kenma fills the silence for the first time ever. "What's up with you?"