One and Only (Marquinhos x Neymar)

Start from the beginning

Marquinhos didn't realize he'd been standing there for a long time, until he felt someone's hand on his shoulder which caused him to turn his head and look out of the corner of his, from his shoulder.

Neymar. He fully turned to him and gave him a hug, giggling.

- "Happy 1 year anniversary in PSG, Joia"

Neymar's heart skipped a beat as the corner of Marquinhos' eyes wrinkled from his teethy smile. Although it looked goofy, Neymar's heart always fluttered whenever he'd come across this smile. He's happy that he can see it almost everyday now.

Marquinhos handed Neymar a box. Neymar looked at him with heart eyes, but clearly he'd have to keep it til the boundary of friendship between them.

He can't afford to loose another friend, now. He's already lost one from his sudden departure from Barcelona, and now, by pulling a wrong move, he might loose the younger Brazillian.

Neymar would trade all the worlds riches just to see him smile. Would risk himself for the sake of their close friendship to last. Would do almost anything to just see the latter happy.

Neymar attempted to peak inside the box but Marquinhos grabbed his hand immediately. The collision of their skin gave him a boost of energy, pushing his adrenaline.

All while so many changes were brought to his body just by a simple touch, Marquinhos had no clue. He's too innocent anyway to realize what Neymar's love language towards him actually means: Neymar dedicates it to only Marquinhos, and only Marquinhos.

- "Don't open it just yet!"

- "Why not?"

- "I-It's a gift, open it later."

He said in a low tone, retrieving his hands, realizing it was still on top of Neymar's.

Neymar smiled, and thought maybe he should just hold Marquinhos' hands. That'll be enough of a hint, right?

Before he could approach, Veratti barged into the situation, with a huge smile on his face, looking giddy as he's always been. And although Neymar really adores Veratti, he wished that maybe Veratti wouldn't have ruined the moment.

- "Hey guys, whats up?"

Veratti pondered as a friendly gesture, the box in Neymar's hands immediately having drawn his attention. He snatched the box from his hands, turning it ways to look all around it, quite a bit fascinated.

A tag hung from a corner of the box, clearly written in beautiful cursive: From Marco.

Veratti wiggled his eyebrows and handed the gift back to Neymar, looking at the two smugly.

- "OoOooOoh, a gift eh?"

Marquinhos hung his head low, trying to hide his smile, completely embarassed. Being already much of a socially awkward person, his coping mechanism when embarassed is to basically walk away from the situation to avoid being embarassed any further.

At least it'd prevent him from hearing it be taken further.

Thus, as stated, he walked away, approaching Neymar's house, as his figure disappeared as soon as he closed the double doors.

Neymar groaned and glared at Veratti, very much sure of the fact thay Veratti did that on purpose.

Wasn't very nice of him to do that.

- "Someone was having a moment,"

- "Shut up bitch."

- "Okay Okay, calm your tits down I'm sorry. But anyways, when are you gonna tell him?"

- "Maybe if you didn't interfere I would."

Neymar glared once more.

Veratti laughed awkwardly.

- "Come on man, no hard feelings. But for real, when is the time gonna come dude?"

Veratti's question quite did bother Neymar, because coming to think of it, he doesn't seem to be progressing himself much about ever talking to Marquinhos about his adoration towards the latter.

Deep down, he wants to confess, badly. He's desperate. And yet, instead of listening to what his soul says, he waits for Marquinhos to maybe do something. Even if it takes and eternity. And the fact that Marquinhos might only see him as a brother and no more, really introduces more intensity and stress to the situation.

But above all odds, he'll forever and for sure adore Marquinhos the way he always has. Will see him differently, treat him differently than he does to others. Will spoil him, will do what it takes to win his heart.

Maybe the day is near. But the chances aren't high.

It makes his hopes dissipate but he decides to stand his will.

When there are no chances, create chances, and use them. Create an environment that'll be the best for you both. Listen to what your heart says, believe in your conscience; senses. Hear the beat of your heart, look who it beats for.

Marquinhos is the only person he could ever think of. His mind is polluted with the thoughts of the younger Brazillian. He'll never be able to look at him the same way ever again, as he's developed feelings that hold a strong root in him, with no plans of withering down just yet.

- "You sure you've got a chance with Marco?"

- "Oh Veratti,..." Neymar smiles and looks at the direction of his penthouse, his eyes landing upon a very curious Marquinhos pondering around the halls.

- "..where there is will, there is way."

__________