CHAPTER 17: HOME AND HEART

Man, today I did the big mistake of going on Tere Bin twitter and I kid you not people were saying they prefer Haya for Murtasim over Meerab. Like yeah, she tried to push a supposedly pregnant woman down the stairs, she did black magic, she lusted after a married man and tried to break apart a marriage, let her sister go with a known criminal but hey, atleast she loves Murtasim like a crazy obsessed stalker unlike Meerab. I guess I just didn't realise how many people think loving a married man and breaking up marriages are the heights of romance these days.🤷  These people are out there among us, yall be careful😭

Anyways, this is one of the chapters I had in my draft. Hope you guys enjoy.

♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡♡

Murtasim shouldn't be driving this fast.

Specially with Meerab in the passenger seat.

He knows he shouldn't be risking his wife's life again because of his emotional overdrive. But he was panicking. And he was panicking bad.

His brother was appearently in jail for the last two days and no one had bothered to inform him! Even though he specifically ordered Bhaktu to discreetly give Saad all his emergency numbers!

Now all he gets is a desperate call from a sobbing Maheer informing him that Saad was rotting in a dirty jail cell without any medical care, despite being beaten up badly.

What was wrong with these people?!

His bloody fake family, the one Saad preferred over his true one, would rather have in suffer in a jail cell than contact someone who can help him!

His knuckles were almost white from holding the wheel tightly. From his peripheral vision, Murtasim could see Meerab fidgeting, her beautiful face ashen and eyes teary. He always wondered how this girl next to him seemed to have endless empathy for people she barely knew.

Even though her kind heart often did her great disservice, Murtasim wondered why she still persisted on it?

Maybe it was because he had been exposed to the dark side of man kind from a very young age that Murtasim was almost cruelly indifferent to horrifying injustice of their world, he envied Meerab who could still feel the righteous fury and natural kindness.

"Tears?" He couldn't see her crying. It made his chest ache. "Is it in preparation of our upcoming accident?"

Meerab's hypnotic eyes snapped at him, as usual narrowed in fury. "Yes, you're an expert, I heard."

Murtasim chuckled, his hands relaxing. He could always depend on his favourite spitfire to distract him. "You have heard correct." He gave her wink, just to see her face flush red in anger. "They gave me a degree from the same university where you got your one in stubbornness."

"Really?" She scoffed, folding her hands in front of her chest. "But how did you even qualify? They have strict standards like you know-" she pretended to think, "- not being a self-obseesed, arrogant human being."

"That can't be true!" He gave her a sweet smile. "Then how did you get in?"

Meerab let out an enrage huff. "I got in because I'm a nice likable person." Her glare on only intensified. "Unlike certain violent folks around here."

He blinked at her innocently at the accusation. "Clearly they haven't seen your danda skills on the side of the road!"

"Sometimes I want to give a live demonstration of my danda skill on your thick head and send you up." She threw her hands up in frustration and looked outside, away from him.