The Hospital

~*~*~Laina's POV~*~*~

"Oh, your awake!" A tear stained Charles gasps as I flutter my eyes open. He rushes to my side.

"W-why? I-I wanted t-to die!" I cry when I realize where I am. I am in a white room with tan chairs and a tan couch in a building that smells like chemicals. Obviously, I am in a hospital.

Charles sits down next to me. "I c-couldn't just let you d-die, Laina."

"Why not? I wanted to die. I choked myself, swallowed a huge bottle of pills, and drowned myself all at the same time to ensure that I would die! But I didn't and now I feel worse and I still want to die! So what was the point in saving me?" Charles seems taken aback by my outburst.

"Maybe, you don't think there was a point or is a point to living, but there is... I hope," Charles mutters.

I become frustrated. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"I-I meant th-that I....I hope that...that you...." Charles begins but then says, "Nevermind. I'm going." Then he leaves.

Why did he save me? Seriously, a guy as cute and gentle and kind as him shouldn't have saved a troublesome girl like me. What is wrong with him? Doesn't he have any common sense in his head to know what is best for him? He'd be better off without a runaway like me holding him down. He deserves better.