Beach bug or bed bug

Start from the beginning

Sprig ran over to the corner of the room and dragged a barrel over and opened the lid to show a bunch of peppers sitting in an unknown orange liquid.

Sprig: So hot, they'll make you wish you were dead.

Y/N: Try me little man, I've been eating vegetables my whole life, nothing could be as bad as what I've tried.

Y/N confidently placed a pepper in his mouth and started chewing. Sprig does the same but he only puts his tongue on it. His tongue instantly bursts into flames and he runs around the house screaming and trying to get rid of the pain.

Sprig: Someone just kill me, please! Blah. Sprig pretends to die and falls on the floor.

Sprig: Your turn.

He holds one out to Anne.

Anne: No, thanks. Y/N, any reaction?

Y/N kept chewing and swallowed.

Y/N: Shit ain't bad.

He took the pepper out of Sprig's hand and began eating it whilst Sprig looked out in shock.

Sprig: No way! You're awesome.

Y/N: I mean, I can taste a bit of spiciness but other than that its just like a regular pepper.

Anne: Hey guys, instead of eating peppers all day do you wanna go to the lake?

Y/N was just reaching for some more peppers but stopped to loom at Anne.

Y/N: But what about Hop Pop? Didn't he say that-

Anne: Boys, you wanna know the best thing about friendship? When you got your friend by your side, anything is possible. Whatever you want, a real friend will help you get.

Y/N: I want the bones of my enemies.

Anne: Figuratively. But do you wanna know what I want?

Sprig: The lake!

Anne: Yup. Now let's go rob an old man!

Sprig and Y/N recoiled a bit at what she said.

Anne: Yeah, that didn't sound as cool as I wanted it to.

The three went over to Hop Pop's study and quietly opened the door. Sitting facing away from them was Hop Pop who's jacket was on the back of his chair with the key clear in his pocket.

Anne: Any ideas?

Sprig: Ooh! What if we use fishing line to lower me from the ceiling? Then I grab the key right out of Hop Pop's pocket. I'll move like a shadow.

Sprig karate chopped the air but accidentally knocked a vase which was about to fall onto the floor but Anne quickly caught it.

Sprig: Shadows knock things over sometimes.

Anne quickly put a finger to his lips.

Anne: Do you hear that?

Snoring was coming from the room and Y/N saw that Hop Pop hadn't reacted from any of the noise they made.

Anne: No way.

They walked over yo Hop Pop who was sat up at the desk sleeping with his eyes open.

Y/N: Well thats very convenient to the plot. Especially cause I don't think this house has any fishing line.

Anne: This might be the creepiest thing I've ever seen.

Sprig: Happens all the time. He makes a great scarecrow.

Anne carefully plucked the key out of Hop Pop's pocket and they sneakily left the room and closed the door behind them. Anne sniffed the key.

Anne: Know what this smells like?