Pole Vaulting Into Your Problems

Start from the beginning

The thought of this happening made his head hurt, not because he didn't comprehend how this had happened, but because there was something he was missing. He knew he was doing the right thing, but not why.

Becoming Iris's champion, finding this Boringus guy, following his nose and even finding the R.O.F.L in the first place, there was something bigger than just his father being in danger going on.

It was like trying to solve the puzzle with the wrong pieces, with the pieces  turned round and with someone knocking them over every few minutes. Infuriating, messy, and without a bigger picture in mind.

I mean yeah, sure, (Y/N) had never successfully completed a jigsaw puzzle in his life without getting bored of it and doing something else in between, but that was besides the point.

This mystery, if you would call it that, was bigger than the quest Iris had given him, and bigger than even the instructions the she wolf had given him, he could feel it, but he didn't know how this all fit together.

In other words, despite feeling like he was in the right place and that he was making progress in the right direction, he felt just as lost as he had when he was scrambling across the rock hoping to avoid the monsters hunting him.

The mystery of his past wasn't a puzzle he could solve, at least not alone, and he had this feeling in his gut that he wasn't meant to be alone. Just like back then. He was never intended to get this far without help.

As he followed the grooves through the dirt, hoping they led to something, he closed his eyes and prayed to the only goddess who had been of remotely any help for a sign that he was doing the right thing, and he didn't mean the red glowing kind...though that would have helped too he guessed.

"Hey, uhhh...Iris. If you can hear me, your champion is really hoping for some guidance, because this place is really creepy and uhhh...yeah..." From then on he kept his eyes open for a sign, and imagine his benefactor didn't seem very pleased by his performance so far.

The sign he did end up finding shook him deeply, he had passed it a few times, but never saw it clearly until he made his way deeper into the garden and found it on a tattered flag above the door, some of the statues had been spray painted with the same symbol.

It made him pause, just seeing it, and his senses ramped up to eleven. The symbol itself varied in design and color throughout the various iterations he saw plastered around, but each had one thing in common, a scythe.

The moment he looked at it, memories came back to him. He recognized it, even if he didn't remember what happened to it. He remembered being here, fighting here. He knew the symbol painted across some of the walls were the symbol of his enemy.

But at the same time, it was his. His symbol, it reminded him of his father, who's expression or features he couldn't make out anymore, like one of these statues, but his father, who he knew was in danger.

And if his father of all people was in danger, so was just about everything else living on this planet. He pushed forward, his head still in a daze, memories coming into and falling out of his head as quickly as each other.

He tried to shake off the feeling, to focus somehow, he tried to remind himself of his mission, but his steps felt far away. His mind elsewhere, and his thoughts didn't come into focus until he found it. "Oh, yeah, that'll do"

Jason's POV

Jason dreamed of wolves. He stood in a clearing in the middle of a redwood forest. In front of him rose the ruins of a stone mansion. Low gray clouds blended with the ground fog, and cold rain hung in the air.

A pack of large gray beasts milled around him, brushing against his legs, snarling and baring their teeth. They gently nudged him toward the ruins. Jason had no desire to become the world's largest dog biscuit, so he decided to do what they wanted.