"Leo," Clementina sighed, standing by the door to our bedroom. 

I was sat on the bed, my gun in my hand, absentmindedly flicking the safety on and off. 

I had never truly hated anyone before, it wasn't something that was part of my training, it counted as emotion and emotions led to the wrong decisions. 

I hated Clementina, but I had to remember that I needed her family onside until this was done, and until then I had to pretend that I almost understood her actions, and that I didn't care about Artemisia leaving as much as I truly did. 

"What is it?" I sighed, standing up and tucking the gun into the waistband of my trousers. 

"I...I need to tell you something, and obviously with everything going on at the moment maybe you won't see it as a good thing but..." She stared at the ground, I could see the tension running through her body, the nervousness but also a hint of desperation to tell me. 

"What is is Clemmie?" I rasped, standing in front of her. 

She looked up at me, a small smile coming to her lips, and I started to realise that things were going to be much more complicated than I had planned for. 

"I'm pregnant," She said, but her smile didn't grow, because she knew that this made my life so much harder. 

"Is it mine?" I responded dryly, and I watched her mouth fall open in shock. 

"Just because you slept around, doesn't mean I did," she spat, her eyes enraged. 

I couldn't help but chuckle slightly as I walked back to sit on the bed, this was not part of the plan, it was punishment. 

Not because I was having a child, I was happy about that. It was punishment because I had planned on killing their mother and her mother's immediate family, and now I didn't know how to feel about that. 

"How far along?" I asked, looking up at her

"Five months," 

"Boy?" I asked, raising a brow 

"Does it seriously matter?" She retorted, irritated with my question. I stayed silent, waiting for her to answer. "A girl." 

I nodded, unaffected and unfazed. Clementina wasn't the one I wanted to be the mother of my heir either way, but I thought about a girl growing up without her mother. 

It took a toll on me to grow up without mine when she died and I was only sixteen, I couldn't imagine the confusion my own daughter would have to experience without hers ever present. 

But then I thought about Artemisia, how much of an incredible mother she would make. 

I considered it, win the war and get Arté back, make her reconnect with what we had and have her raise my daughter instead of Clementina. 

It may sound terrible to you, but to me it sounded like a good idea. 

I just had to get her back.

-

Artemisia 

I had so many questions and so many theories running around in my head. 

It had been forty five days since that dinner where I had discovered the truth, and it had been a process of coming to terms with things. 

I wanted to know why Leandro had hurt me. 

I wanted to know how he could have done such a thing and still acted as if he loved me.

I wanted to know if he even cared about the fact that I still loved him as much as the day I was taken.