xiv.

"Ahi!" Harry yelped. He jumped away from the counter agilely, holding his now cut finger. Clifford barked from on the ground, staring up at the curly haired owner's hand, likely sensing his agitation. The boy grunted and ran his bloodied finger under water, huffing when he realized Louis hadn't even budged from where he was sleeping on the couch. He could have died and the older man did nothing! Didn't even rub his nose or anything, just slept cynically with Cleo rested on his chest. That was another thing — Tomlinson and the shorthair both shared the same loathing — yet today the kitten decided that it no longer existed. What a traitor. 

Harry gave one final huff before grabbing the kitchen rag hanging on the oven handle and stomped toward the sofa. With a simple movement, he slapped the towel on Louis' face, making him jump, jostling Cleo awake, who hissed, flashing her teeth. Louis took a moment to control his heart beat, holding a hand up to his chest. How dramatic. "I cut my finger and you didn't even move!" Harry complained. 

Louis raised an eyebrow, scratching the under side of his nose. "Did you hurt yourself, love?" He didn't even sound concerned, he was more concerned on waking up, like the selfish cazzone he is. The now very, very heavily pregnant man pouted, lifting Cleo off the floor for a cuddle. But, unusually so, she jumped out of his arms and walked away with no hesitation. Not even a glance back. Harry's mouth fell open in offense and shock, an indescribable feeling in his chest. He could see the growing smile on his boyfriend's face through the corner of his eye and turned around hastily. 

"Stronzo! First you don't care about my finger that could have been amputated and now you steal my kitten away from me! You don't even like her!" 

"Mon beau, calm down." 

Harry slapped his hands away from his waist, pointing his finger on his chest. "Don't you tell me to calm down when you've been neglecting me all week!" He accused. 

"H, I've been home with you this entire week. How could I neglect you?" 

The younger boyfriend frowned, seeming to contemplate on his words. Yeah, he really should think before he speaks. But, he still stands by what he said earlier! He really could have injured his finger and it would have been his stupid boyfriend's fault for not waking up in time. He made a loud expression, Louis should have heard it. Harry crossed his arms over his chest and sighed, defeated. Louis noticed his once irritated behavior had diminished and pulled him into his arms, holding him with nothing but affection. "Do you want to talk about it?" 

Louis could feel him breathing on his shirt, holding the collar tightly in his hands. He then pulled away, just enough to look into the mob's eyes. "I think.. I think I may be having Emilia soon." He watched how Louis' face brightened at the news, his eyebrows rose and a wide smile took over his face. It was beautiful to sight. Harry brought up his hand, much gentler than before and brushed his fringe out his eyes, his own smile on his lips. Dimples and all. 

"It's about time, hm? You've been carrying her for forty weeks."

Harry nodded in agreement, brushing his lips against his jaw. "It feels like ages," he exhaled. "'M seconds away from exploding." He now melodramatically spoke, shutting his eyes to the soothing feeling of Louis' hands combing through his curls. 

"We can't let that happen, now, can we?" The other mumbled.

Harry grinned and cupped his cheeks in his hands, bringing their faces closer until their noses touched, leaving small eskimo kisses. "Bello." He whispered. Louis hummed in questioning, holding his hips firmly. "I said you're handsome." The younger one answered, stroking the growing stubble on his face. 

A smirk slowly grew on his lips, making Harry roll his eyes, shutting him up with a kiss before he could say anything else. Louis rubbed circles onto his his hips and encircled his arm around the pregnant man's waist. They spent minutes lovingly snogging until Clifford jumped onto Louis' legs, surprising them. Louis laughed into his mouth, pulling away to glance at the dog. "Come on, Cliff, I'm trying to woo your Mamma."