1 | New Friends

Magsimula sa umpisa

To my surprise, the loud group of boys that I saw at the gates entered the class.

"Quiet down boys! We're getting stares from people now!" A guy tried to hush the others down, but failed miserably. He looked like he was trying to scold them, but ended up laughing himself.

"Okay grandpa!" Another guy said, immediately mocking the previous guy, making the rest of the group laugh.

I didn't even realise that I was starting until I made an eye contact with one of the boys. I quickly averted my gaze, focusing it on the window instead.

I felt embarrassed for being caught staring at them, but they can't blame me because they were being too loud.

Typical boys. I scoffed.

Soon after, the teacher entered the class, and my first day of highschool began.

***

Before I realised, it was already lunch break. People made their way towards the cafeteria, most of them walking in groups.

I quietly packed my things and was just about to leave when the girl sitting behind me spoke up.

"You draw pretty well!" She said, eyeing the open notebook on my table in which I was scribbling earlier. I had just made a few doodles and a little dog, nothing special.

"Thank you," I replied, not knowing what else to say.

"Oh, I'm Eunseol, by the way! I hope we get along!" The girl brightly said, bringing her hand forward towards me.

I shook her hand with a small smile.

"I'm Iseul." I simply said.

"Wanna head to the cafeteria together? I don't really have any friends here...yet." She said sheepishly.

I so wanted to deny, wanting to stay alone, but the look she was giving me made it hard for me to say no. For some reason, she didn't seem like the typical self absorbed bitches that I've faced in my life.

She's cute.

"Sure." I said.

The whole time while we walked towards the cafeteria, she kept on rambling about random things. She told me about how she had to shift to Seoul recently because of her father's job, because of which she had to leave all her old friends behind back in Busan.

You would think I'll get bored, listening to her talking about so many things, but honestly, I quite enjoyed her company. She was fun to be with.

Maybe making one friend doesn't hurt. I'll just keep her around to hang out, nothing more.

Yeah, I was definitely not talking to her because I found her adorable.

"What about you? Where did you study before coming here? I bet you had a lot of friends!" Eunseol excitedly said.

"I... I was in a school not too far from here. And no, I didn't have that many friends." I said, laughing nervously.

The truth is that I didn't have a single friend, but she doesn't need to know that.

"Oh really? I thought you would be popular! You're really pretty." She said.

"You can't just keep on saying things like that!" I lightly hit her shoulder, laughing out of embarassment. She kept on throwing compliments like it was nothing.

"I see you're not too good at taking compliments, noted." She laughed brightly, making me smile as well.

Just then, we heard someone call her.