Chapter one - I'm Sarah O'Neill

Have you ever wished to fast forward life when you're facing something? Or rewinding it when you make a mistake? I bet I'm not the only one.

This story happened a long time ago.

My name's Sarah. I was sixteen when I was kidnapped by the Fernandez brothers. While at captive, I was raped and was tortured. However, I fell in love with one of them.

It all started in a beautiful (not so beautiful) Monday morning. It was the day before my mom's birthday. I've been waiting for this day for ever.

I secretly prepared some paraphernalia so I can hopefully surprise her the next day.

As what teens usually do, I have to go to school. I hated school, I really do. But I have no choice. Who would like sitting in that chair with absolutely nothing to do?

After getting ready, my sister and I got ready and packed up our things. My mom quickly packed up our lunch boxes. After packing them up, she quickly checks our bag if ever something is missing. She kept on asking us if ever we missed an assignment.

To be honest, I find it quite annoying. But hey, that's what moms do.

"Where's your social studies research, dear?" She asks, looking at me. My eyes widened, "Shit!" She frowned, "Hey, don't curse!" She yelled but I ignored her.

I quickly rushed upstairs. Once I reached my bedroom, I quickly looked for Social Studies research paper. "Where is it?" I asked while looking through the papers in our cabinet.

"Aha!" I said, smiling because I finally found it. Once I've got my assignment, I got up and caught a glimpse, through my window, of a car outside our house.

The engine was on and I couldn't see who was inside. Curious and shaking, I rushed downstairs to inform my mom. "Mom!" I yelled and she looked at me running down the stairs. "What is it?" She asked and my sister crossed her arms.

"There's a car outside. Maybe the driver's looking for something." I said, panting. Her eyebrows met and walked towards the door. She opened it and started to look around. "There's no car." She said and my sister laughed.

I raised an eyebrow, "What?!" I asked. "But there was a car!" I tried protesting and when I headed towards the door and look around, indeed, the car was gone.

"It was here!" I pointed at where the car used to stand. My mom rolled her eyes, "Grab your bags now. Forget this all happened." She said, tapping my shoulder and I nodded.

I grabbed my bag and lunch kit and so did my sister. Mom smiled at us with pride in her eyes. "Look at you! My babies are all grown up!" She smiled and my sister and I nodded.

She hugged the two of us, "Be careful, sweetheart." My mom said then she gave me a kiss on my forehead and I nodded. Then she did the same to my younger sister, Laura.

Then Laura and I walked together to the bus stop. It's not a far walk though. Although, you have to go up the hill.

It was such a fresh morning. Typical South Lake Tahoe weather.

"Sarah?" Laura called me, interrupting my thoughts and with a huge grin on her face. "What?" I replied. "I have ballet rehearsals this afternoon. Can you come with me?" She asked, with puppy eyes.

"I have to do something else." I replied in annoyance. She always asks me to accompany her. Why can't she ask mom? "Please?" She asked in a tone of a 5-year-old.

I'm Laura's opposite. She's into academics while I'm into hanging out with friends.

I groaned, "Fine." Then she started jumping around like an idiot. I rolled my eyes and continued walking towards the bus stop.

When we arrived at the bus stop, there were already many people waiting there. A few seconds later, the bus arrived.

A huge smile grew across my face because I knew that I was going to see my friends ago. When I entered the bus and being a teen, I usually sit at the very back with my friends. As soon as my friends saw me, they started raising their hands as if they wanted to answer a teacher.

I chuckled and walked up to them until Laura grabbed my hand. I frowned at her, "Can I sit with you?" She asked. I rolled my eyes. When can she stop being annoying? I rolled my eyes, "No. I have to sit with my friends. You have your own." I told her but she grabbed my hand.

"Laura-"

"Can you please move? We're running out of time." The driver complained and I turn around to see a huge traffic of people. I rolled my eyes and was forced to sit beside Laura.

I took out my phone and texted one of my friends which is Maureen.

To Maureen:
Sorry I can't sit with all of you. Maybe, this afternoon. Again, sorry.

I looked back at them and Maureen smiled at me. She chuckled as she was typing something in her phone. Then she stick out her tongue and I rolled my eyes.

A few minutes later, my phone vibrated.

From Maureen:
Good luck!

I turn to look at her and playfully glared at her while she laughed.

To Maureen:
Thanks though. :P

I turn to look at her and she quietly laughed while looking at her phone. Then she gave me a thumbs up and I quietly laughed. "Why are you laughing?" Laura asked, out of curiosity. "Nothing. It's nothing." I said, trying to hide my laugh.

I look back again to Maureen and she continued to laugh. "Would you please stop?" The person at my back complained. I rolled my eyes as I properly sit down.

From Maureen:
Is that Gru at your back?

Smell the sarcasm. I look back at her and she laughed.

To Maureen:
Maybe? :P

I laughed after texting. Then a few minutes later, the bus finally arrived at our destination, school. Also known as hell.

I got up in unison with all the other teens and got out. I decided to wait outside the bus but Laure pulled my hand. "Aren't you gonna go?" She asked. "No I have to wait for my friends." I replied and she nodded. Then she simply walked away while I waited for my friends.

"Sarah!" Maureen exclaimed as she went out of the bus. She hugged me and so did my three other friends: Frank, Joanne and Louis. "Another hell week." Louis said, sarcastically and we all laughed.

"Totally agree." Joanne said. Then Louis wrapped his arm around Joanne. Joanne and Louis have been dating for almost a year now and I'm very proud of them.

"So, are you two still going strong?" Frank asked. "Yep!" Joanne and Louis said in unison and with a smile. "Who did their assignment?" Frank asked again. Frank's the type of guy who keeps on asking nonsense questions. He's still cool though.

Then we have Louis. The sassy guy.

"No one." Louis answered. Then we all bursted into laughter.

~•~•~•~•
So I've been writing fanfictions for almost two years. So I thought I decided I'd do something new. I'm eager to hear your opinions. :)

Btw, tell me if you spotted some mistakes. Either grammatical or spelling.