Chapter 22 - Evil Woman

"Yeah! I'm a thief who steals from pirates. If we team up we could get a whole lot of money!" Nami said, smiling at Luffy.

[The Pirate Thief - Nami.]

"No way! I'm not interested in teaming up with you!" Luffy said bluntly, walking away. "Hang on a second!" Nami said jumping off the roof.

"So what's that hat? When you said they nearly damaged it you got so mad! Is it expensive?" Nami asked pointing at the hat. "This is my treasure!" Luffy said holding his hat.

"Hyaa... Treasure!!" Nami said smiling. "I wonder if there're any jewels inside it." Nami wondered. "Ah! Maybe it's a treasure map!!" Nami said again.

—Somewhere else. On the roof of the bar.

"You still can not catch the thief...?!" A male voice asked, narrowing his eyes.

"W-We were in the middle of searching, Captain!" A man said smiling nervously and fearfully. "How on earth did it get stolen so easily," The same male voice asked. "You're talking about the grand line map, right? It got stolen?!" The same voice asked/yelled.

"We we're going into the grand line soon... Then go in and start doing our business." The same voice said, glaring. "Well you see boss, we lost it through a bit of a mistake. The cabinet where the map was in still had the key in its lock, and when this idiot guy left it on like that the key got lost..." The man said. "What did you say...!?" The same voice asked narrowing his eyes.

"I said, when this idiot guy left it on like that the key got lost..." The man said. "Whaddya mean by 'Round Nose'?!!" The same voice yelled angry.
"Ehh!?!!" The man yelled.

[Note: 'Left it on' and 'Nose' sound similar in Japanese.]

"Does my nose look funny to you? Like a round nose...?" The same voice asked, as he stood up and towered over the man. "N-N-No.... You misunderstood....!" The man said scared.

"What?!? A big and red round nose!?!" A same voice said, angry. "Eehhh!?" The same man said. "Die a painful death!!" The same voice yelled. "W-Wait Captain! I never said." The man said.

[Note: The word 'Misunderstood' sounds like 'Big Red Nose'.]

"Who am I...?" The same voice asked glaring at the man. "Ehlk!" The man made a weird sound. "B-Buggy... Captain!" The man said as he was choked. "Ca-.. Can't breath!!" The man said as he was lifted up.

"... It has appeared!" One man said. "The power of the Devil's fruit!" Another one said. "Prepare the cannon!" Buggy yelled smirking evilly.

[Leader of the Buggy Pirate Fleet. Buggy the Clown.]

"I didn't do anything wrong..!! H-Help me!!" The man said. "Blow him to smithereens!!" Buggy yelled. "Aaaaahhhhh!!!!" The man yelled. As he was shot with a canon.

"Recover the map!" Buggy ordered. "And make sure you take all the village's treasure too!" Buggy said again.

"Y-Yes sir! Captain Buggy!" The Pirates yelled.

—Somewhere else—

"Eh... So you got separated from your crew... How many people are in your crew?" Nami asked, looking at Luffy. "Only two. Is this your house?" Luffy asked as he sat at a chair.