Runaway Girl

It was only seconds before Aria found herself on the front porch of her house, with Edward standing alert next to her as he kept his senses open in case of a threat towards the human girl.

Inside the house, Charlie sat watching a baseball game on T.V.

"What do I say?" The green eyed girl quietly asked the vampire standing to her right. "I can't hurt him."

Her big green eyes looked up into almost black ones as Edward looked down at her. He was studing her facial features and the more he looked at her the more he saw just how young she really was. She wasn't like his family, they all looked young but majority of them were mentally over a century.

The more he took in her innocent youth the more he felt his self hatred grow as he knew it was his own fault that she had this terrified and guilty look to her.

"Tell him what needs to be said to let you leave." he spoke quietly to her as he sensed James approaching. "You may not have to hurt him but you have to think quickly...he is on his way."

Aria snapped her head up as she knew exactly who the 'he' was, Edward was referring to. With a harsh release of breath she thought of an idea and rested her hand on the doorknob. "Just follow my lead." she whispered to her boyfriend as she pulled out her cell and started to talk into the silent device.

"Don't worry, Kenzie. I'll be there as soon as I can, I just have to tell my dad first." she spoke in an urgent voice as she ripped the door open and Edward quickly followed behind.

Charlie snapped his head away from the game he had been watching when he heard his youngest daughter enter the house in a rush. He quickly went into cop mode when he took in her fearful and worried face.

"Aria, what's wrong?" Charlie asked her as soon as she hung up her phone and he smoothly slid in between the two teens as he focused on his daughter. "Did he do something to you?"

he didn't care how good looking or seemingly well mannered the boy and his family was. If he hurt his daughter in anyway he would hunt him down and make him beg for death.

Even in such a situation Edward's lips twitched into a smile so quick that neither human took notice as he listened into the chief of polices mind. His thoughts, still a little fuzzier than other's but still understandable.

"No!" she shrieked a few octaves higher as she saw her fathers hand twitch where his gun usually rests on his side. "It's my old dance partner, Mackenzie." she told him as she ran up the stairs to her room to find a bag and a pile of cloths already waiting for her on her bed, curtisy of Alice.

"What happened?" Charlie asked as his youngest started to fill up her light blue duffle bag. A happy bark was heard as Ellayla pushed herself onto her hind legs and leaned against her owners calves.

Aria looked down at her puppy before leaning down and picking the pitbull up. She was a little bigger than she had been when the young girl had first gotten her. Aria grabbed the dog carrier and placed the puppy inside as she answered her father.

"There was an accident and she broke her leg in three places." she told her father as she walked into her bathroom and spoke louder so he could hear her in he bedroom "She thinks she may not dance again or dance as good as she did before so I'm gonna go and visit her to convince her everything will be alright."

Edward grabbed the bag and Ellayla's cage before the girl could and headed down the steps with the two Swans following.

As the two teens are about to leave the house, Charlie grabs his daughter by her elbow in a firm grip as his chocolate brown eyes stare into her bright green and he analyzes her face.