Safe

3rf pov

As Aria headed out of school and towards Bella's truck she was careful not to slip on the ice. She stopped at the bed of the truck to say goodbye to Angela and looked across the parking lot to see Edward watching her. she smiled at him and waved which he returned before a loud screeching noise was heard coming from behind her and a look of horror quickly crossed Edwards face.

The young girl quickly spun around to see a grey van spinning towards her and the panicked face of Tyler Crowley frantically turning the wheel trying to gain control of his car. Now frozen in fear Aria stared wide eyed at the incoming van as it seemed to move in slow motion towards her.

With the van close to impact the biracial girl closes her eyes and waits for an impact that never happens. At least not one she was expecting, something slams into the girls side pinning her to the ground. Aria looks up from the ground, her head pounding from hitting the pavement and stares into a pair of topaz eyes that belong to one Edward Cullen.

The two continue to stare at one another as Edward breaths in the girls scent and listens to her quick breaths that happen to touch his face a small shiver running threw his body at the close proximity they where in. They where broken from each others gaze as the van slammed into the back of another car, causing the back window to break and Edward, pulling Aria into a ball under his body to shield her from the glass. The van continues to careen towards the two resulting in Edward pushing his hands out to meet the sides of the van and lifting it in the air while pushing it away leaving two hand prints on the side.

Aria's big green eyes looked up at Edward as the parking lot went silent. The silence was quickly broken by multiple screams erupting from the shocked student body. Edward stared back at the petrified girl once he heard her teeth chatter from the cold. He proceeded to remove his own coat before placing it around her smaller body. This action snapped Aria out of her daze causing the girls body to tremble and eyes to water in both pain and fear.

Yelling was heard from around the two calling for help and others pulling an injured Tyler from the damaged car. Edward proceeds to remove the girl from the cold ground. "Are you alright?" He quietly asked the girl in concern only realizing seconds later that it was not a very good question in hindsight. The tears that Aria held back fell from her eyes as she barred her face in the older boys shoulder quickly soaking his shirt in her tears, not that he minded as he ran his cold fingers threw her soft curls, careful of the bump he was sure was forming at the back of her head.

After the van was moved Aria was buckled into an ambulance and rushed to the hospital with Bella riding in the back and Edward in the front. Aria was wheeled into a room along with Tyler who in Bella's opinion looked way worse than her sister. The silence in the room was broken by the double doors being slammed open by a pale faced Charlie who quickly ran to his youngest side.

An equally pale Aria laid on a gurney with an ice pack on the back of her head, "Baby girl are you alright? Bella is she alright?"

"Daddy I'm fine"
"She's fine" both Swan girls answered their father.

Tyler who was bleeding from a cut above his eyebrow and other places on his face looked over at the small girl in guilt before starting to apologize again. "Aria I am so sorry I tried to stop I swear."
Aria waved the boys apology off like she did all his past ones.

"It's okay Tyler."

"No it sure as hell is not okay." said Charlie as he glared at the teen boy who hospitalized his daughter.

"Dad it was an accident and Aria is fine."

Charlie turned to his oldest the angry look still on his face. "We could have lost Aria, Bella." before turning to Tyler again. "You can kiss your license goodbye."

Aria now sick of her fathers treatment of Tyler sits up in her bed. "Daddy that's enough, look at him and look at me it's clear that he got the brunt of the accident and his injuries should be punishment enough. He tried to stop Daddy."

Before the conversation could continue a very handsome doctor with blonde hair, pale skin, and golden topaz eyes entered the room and moved straight for Aria. " I heard the chiefs youngest was in." Doctor Carlisle Cullen now stood in front of Aria his pale face kind but tired.

Carlisle looked threw the chart before slightly prodding at the young girls head. " You have a knot growing on the back of your head, but no concussion. I must say you are very lucky Miss Swan."

"Aria, you can just call me Aria." Carlisle smiled at the younger girl and continued to read over her chart.

"Yeah it could have been way worse if Edward wasn't there to push her out of the way." Bella looked towards her sister and Carlisle trying to gain their reactions. "He got there so fast he was no where near her,"

"Edward, your boy?"

"Yes Edward is my youngest son and seems to be young Aria's savior." After that the Swans where able to leave. As they were walking out they ran across Dr. Cullen. Rosalie, and Edward having a heated conversation in the hall that ended as soon as the three Swans where in sight.

Charlie headed over to the three Cullens before holding his hand out to Edward and thanking the boy for saving his daughter before pulling a disappointed Bella away so they could check out and leaving Aria to thank the boy as well. Carlisle pulled Rosalie away, leaving the two to talk.

Aria walks toward Edward with a small smile on her face. "Thank you for saving me." Edwards expression turned shocked at the girls thanks, not expecting to get it but instead an interagation.

"You are welcome." he seemed to believe the conversation was over and proceeded to leave before the girl called him back.

"How did you stop the van?" And just like that his expression turned Icy, slightly scaring the girl.

"Aria, I did not stop the van, you hit your head and must have been seeing things," Edward watched as the girls green eyes hardened after the worlds left his lips and turned into an angry glare.

The smaller girl moved closer to the boy in anger as she glared up at him. "I know what I saw and don't ever try and make it seem like I'm crazy, cuz I'm not."

"And what exactly did you see little girl?" he moved closer to her.

"I saw you pick up the van and push it away."

He leaned down to the girls height, their faces now leveled, "No one will believe you."

"You think I don't know that, besides if I was going to tell someone I would've already done it." The revelation shocks Edward into realizing that he had moved his body only inches away from the younger girls with their lips close enough to touch. "I don't want you to lie to me and I don't know why."

"You're not going to let this go?"

"Not a chance."

He leaned closer so their lips brushed against each others as he spoke causing a slight gasp to escape the girls parted lips. "Than I hope you enjoy disappointment." before turning away.

"Why did you even bother!" she yells to him as he walks away causing him to pause and look back at the girl with vulnerability.

"I don't know." before walking off.

Aria headed toward her sister and father as her phone started to ring with an unknown number only to be informed by her father that he had called the girls mother earning a groan from his youngest daughter. After answering the call and constantly telling her mother she was okay and wasn't hospitalized Aria grabbed Ellayla and headed to her bedroom after taking two Advil to relieve her pain before falling asleep in her bed, unaware of the person watching her from her bedroom window.