Swing Batter Batter Swing

3rd pov

Aria kept her green eyes opened as the bronze haired vampire sped through the forest to get to the field his family would be playing at. It hardly felt like they were moving as Edwards fluid movements made it feel as if they were simply taking a stroll down the sidewalk. She peacefully listened to the vampires steady heartbeat.

Edward came to a sudden stop that had jolted Aria from her peace as he tugged on one of her curls that had fallen in his face. "It"s over, Aria."

"Oh." The young girl slightly pouted at the end of her ride as she unlocked her limbs from the boys body and slipped to the ground, landing on her bottom.

Edward stared at her incredulously, but her bewildered expression pushed him over the edge, and he broke into a roar of laughter.

She picked herself up, ignoring him as she brushed the mud and bracken off the back of her jeans and jacket. That only made him laugh harder. Annoyed, she began to stride off into the forest.

She was stopped as cold, marble arms wrapped around her waist.

"Where are you going, Aria?" Edward asked.

"To watch a baseball game. You don't seem to be interested in playing anymore, but I'm sure I'll have fun watching the others play without you."

The vampire chuckled as he watched with amusement as she got out of his grasp and continued walking "You're going the wrong way!" he called out with a laugh.

The green eyed girl turned around without looking at him, and stalked off in the opposite direction, but he caught her again. "Don't be mad, baby." he grumbled into her neck as he breathed in her scent.

Aria calmed down and relaxed into his chest as she leaned her head back and onto his chest with her eyes peacefully closed. "I'm not mad," she quietly mumbled "I'm embarrassed."

"No reason to be." he spoke from the right side of her neck as he placed a cold kiss to her pulse point and silently smirked as he felt her pulse increase. The bronze haired boy spun her around before bending and softly brushing his lips against her own, dazzling the girl. "Now lets go."

He grasped her smaller hand in his larger one as he led her a few feet through the tall, wet ferns and draping moss, around a massive hemlock tree, and they were there, on the edge of an enormous open field in the lap of the Olympic peaks. It was twice the size of any baseball stadium.

With her human eyes, Aria could see Esme, Emmett, and Rosalie, sitting on a bare outcropping of rock, as the are the closest to the two new comers, maybe a hundred yards away. Much farther out she could just make out Jasper and Alice, at least a quarter of a mile apart, appearing to throw something back and forth, but she never saw any ball. It looked like Carlisle was marking bases, but they were so far apart she wondered if they could really run that fast in a game.

Aria's pov.

When we got close enough to be in view the three Cullens on the rocks rose. Esme started straight towards us as Emmett sent a look to Rosalie's back as he moved to follow his mother. The blonde beauty had risen gracefully from the rock she had been seated on and without even a glance at Edward and I, she walked over to the center of the field near Carlisle. I rolled my eyes at the blonde girls attitude.

"Was that you we heard, Edward?" Esme asked as she now stood in front of us.

"It sounded like a bear choking," Emmett clarified with a big grin.

I smiled brightly at the two. "That was him."

"Aria was being unintentionally funny," Edward explained, lightly tugging on one of my curls..