Crazy Theory

3rd pov

As Edward's Volvo speeds down the two lane highway, the heat blasts from the vents onto a still shaking Aria. While Edward drives, Bella keeps taking glances at the handsome boy as she looks about ready to ask him more questions before her brown eyes moved towards her younger sister and decides against it. The conversation she wanted to have with Edward would be better left between just the two of them as Aria seemed to be a distraction as of late.

"I think I'm warm enough now." Aria's voice cut threw the quiet as she reached forward to turn the heater down, Edward does as well and their hands touch before Aria quickly pulls her hand away, shocked from the cold emanating from his hand. "Maybe we should keep it on...you're freezing."

Edward turned the heat off and kept looking towards the road. "I have a small case of anemia, my siblings do as well so our skin feels cold." Before either girl could further question him their attention was placed on flashing police lights outside of the police station. A sheriff's car is parked right out front.

"That's Charlie's car."

"That's Daddy's car." both Swan girls murmured. "Something must have happened." Bella added on in concern.

"My father's car is here as well." Edward spoke up as he drove the car into the parking lot. All three teens climbed out of the car and Edward is again quickly at Aria's side. The younger girls shaking had stopped as her mind was now focused on her father instead of the horrifying acts placed upon her earlier in the night.

In the building a distressed Charlie and Dr. Cullen are studying photographs and evidence. As they wrap up their discussion Dr. Cullen puts a sympathetic hand on Charlie's shoulder, then exits the police station looking grim. He runs into his youngest son and the two Swan girls as they are about to enter the building.

"Carlisle, what happened?" Edward asks for pretense as from reading Carlisle's mind he already knew.

"Waylon Forge was found in the woods out near his place. I just examined the body." The blonde Cullen's face stayed grim while Edwards darkens, Bella looked horrified and Aria looked ready to cry.

"He died? How?"

"Is daddy ok?" Edward had come to realise the Swan sister's had a tendency to talk at the same time.

"It's another animal attack." As Dr. Cullen said this he and Edward trade a look that is lost on Aria, but seen by Bella.

"It's getting closer to town. " Aria whispered as she held onto Edward's hand for comfort.

Trying to reassure the younger girl Edward lightly squeezes her hand. "Wayland lived all the way down on Queets River, It's seventy-five miles south, Aria."

"But still that's -" Bella is cut off by Carlisle placing a comforting hand on her shoulder.

He turned his attention down to Aria and gave her a soft smile. "The two of you should go inside, Wayland was a friend of your father." Aria quickly lets go of Edward's hand and ran inside the station to her father while Bella heads in slower, she looks back to see the two Cullen's conferring quietly, clearly there's more to this then they are letting on but Bella already knows this she just needs to read the book she got tonight to confirm it.

As she heads inside she finds a distressed Charlie with Aria wrapped in his arms, sitting on his lap like she did when she was younger as he studies evidence, photos, and maps. Bella slowly approaches the two causing Charlie to look up to his oldest daughter. "Dad, I'm sorry about Wayland."

"Known him for almost thirty years." Charlie squeezes Aria in his arms as Bella wearly places a comforting hand on his shoulder. A beat later and one of his hands release his youngest daughter to squeeze Bella's hand. Before he can fully break he stamps it down, sets Aria on her feet, and rises, projecting a confident manner to his daughters. "We'll get to the bottom of this girls but until then..." He walks over to his drawer and pulls out two bottles before handing one to each girl. "... even with your taser Aria, I want you both to have this."