Fieldtrips and Friends

Aria's pov

I had taken a seat next to Angela for the bus ride to the Community College Green House. We spent the ride discussing the 'Chronicles of Nick' book series that I was currently reading. Bella had taken a different bus than me, but it didn't really matter since she wasn't much of a talker to begin with.

As Angela continued to talk to me I could feel my mind drifting away, her voice grew distant and without my knowledge my eyes started to droop before closing completely. In what felt like seconds I was being shaken awake by a blurry Angela.

"Aria, we're at the college, you've got to get up now." her soft voice slowly brought me out of my dream state but did nothing for my tiredness.

'Thanks for waking me Angel." a blush spread across her pretty face as she smiled at me before heading off the bus.

No matter how badly I wanted to go back to sleep I knew I couldn't. Not only would the teacher not allow it but it would give my father a reason to have me bedridden for a few days. I finale climbed off the bus and looked around for my sister, I found her surprisingly surrounded by a group of boys along side Jessica and bitchy Lauren.

I decided it would be best to be by myself and not around hormonal teenage boys and attention seeking girls.

Mr. Molina and the tour guide, Thomas lead us around the green house explaining what most plants scientific names are. I couldn't help but notice a certain bronze haired Cullen was towards the front of the group speaking to his siblings. As I watched him move around I started to think about our last conversation together, and when that thought came into my mind so did the event that lead up to it.

I still wondered how he did it, if it had been an adrenaline rush he would have just said it or said he didn't know, but instead he had gotten defensive and angry with me.

"...Eric, stuff theses plants and roots deep down...just like that." I could hear when I snapped out of my thoughts and realized that I was a few feet behind my classmates. I rushed forward just in time to see Tyler trying to drink something from a paper cup with Mr. Molina yelling for him not to.

"Hello, Aria" a smooth voice, that I would recognize anywhere spoke up. I didn't turn around to face him but I could feel my annoyance from our last conversation coming back.

Edward's pov

I had kept an eye on her since she had fallen asleep on the bus with Angela Webber. She looked peaceful, a complete difference from how she was the night before. It had worried me as she whimpered and gasped for air in her sleep, I was very close to waking her up. The consequences of being uninvited into her room at night be damned as the sweet girl cried out my name as if begging for my help.

I remembered the look on her face, the fear in those mesmerizing green eyes right when she had awoken, right before she had turned on her lamp. I had been agonizing over what her fear was and a part my was terrified that she could have been calling my name not out of wanting to be saved by me but from me.

Alice had seen it happen, of course she didn't know Aria's dream either but she knew my reaction to it and had tried with the help of Jasper to reassure me that I had nothing to fear. Alice had gone so far as to telling me that I should try and get her to tell me about her nightmare, that I didn't have to love her but that it would be very near impossible for me to stay away from the human girl.

"If your not going to at least befriend her than let me talk to her." Alice whined as she walked between Jasper and myself practically begging me to allow her to talk to my mate before I was able to decide what would be best for not only myself but my family as well.